Independent Agency Recruiter at MetLife
Independent Agency Recruiter
Location: Baltimore, MD, US, 21117
Candidates can be located anywhere in the U.S, as this is a remote position.
Role Value Proposition: The IA Recruiter will identify and contract new Independent Agents capable of producing new premium at the highest levels in key areas of the country. They will work in parallel with existing Regional Sales Managers but shoulder responsibility through the contracting and validation process. Once through the validation process, the IA Recruiter will ensure a smooth transition to the RSM managing the territory. This role is responsible for driving 2020 regional new appointment sales goals and initiatives.
- Cold call prospective Independent Agents identified in key growth areas across the country
- Identify and screen agencies for personal and commercial lines appointments
- Build and utilize prospect profiles within Salesforce for current and future prospecting purposes
- Engage prospective agency interest by delivering MetLife value proposition
- Vet and engage prospective agencies against preferred agency profile and appointment criteria
- Manage agency and RSM meetings and pre contract interactions
- Manage collection and delivery of prospective agency comparative quotes for RSM vetting purposes
- Perform administrative functions: assist with sending, collecting and tracking contracting documents
- Track agencies through validation and scheduling additional training as needed
Essential Business Experience and Technical Skills:
- Business to business sales experience preferred:
- Lead prospecting, pipeline management and cold calling skills
- Ability to adhere to workflow and vetting processes to ensure prospect quality
- Ability to communicate with agency personnel and schedule RSM closing meetings
- Ability to work closely with RSMs/RSDs to meet goals
Experience and Education:
- High School Diploma
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Property & Casualty License
- Property & Casualty Personal Lines and Small Commercial insurance experience
- 2+ years of sales or insurance sales experience with proven results
- Comfortable working in a virtual environment
- Excel, Salesforce, and WebEx knowledge and proficiency
- Ability to succeed in a metric-driven environment
Number of Openings
At MetLife, we’re leading the global transformation of an industry we’ve long defined. United in purpose, diverse in perspective, we’re dedicated to making a difference in the lives of our customers.
MetLife is a proud equal opportunity/affirmative action employer committed to attracting, retaining, and maximizing the performance of a diverse and inclusive workforce. It is MetLife’s policy to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, uniformed service member or veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
MetLife maintains a drug-free workplace.
For immediate consideration, click the Apply Now button. You will be directed to complete an on-line profile. Upon completion, you will receive an automated confirmation email verifying you have successfully applied to the job.
Requisition #: 112622
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!