Implementation Specialist at Remind
Title: Implementation Specialist
Location: Remote (US)
About the company
Remind, the leading communication platform in education, helps educators reach students and parents where they are: their phones. With nearly 30 million active users, we have our sights set on something even bigger: giving every student the opportunity to succeed.
Remind runs one of the largest free services in education (Remind Chat), a district/school SaaS business that has scaled to support millions of students (Remind Hub), and an online tutoring solution sold to districts, schools and individual consumers (Remind Tutoring). The common thread through each of our product lines is the belief that success in education is driven by relationships, and the Remind communication platform is where the next generation of education relationships live.
About this role
As an Implementation Specialist, you will be a key member of the Implementation team. You will be working, collaborating, and supporting the Customer Success team, your peers in the Technical Operations department, and our customers with a focus on delivering high-quality and successful implementations for our school and districts.
Some of the most complex aspects of Remind’s platform are connected to onboarding new customers understanding customer’s goals, analyzing data, rostering and account provisioning, automated message configuration, data syncing, and API access. You will be the main point of contact and responsible for leading implementation projects, escalation triage, and supporting customers through the implementation cycle. You will deliver training and share best practices to maintain and improve customer’s data.
Your day might consist of sitting in on customer calls to provide technical insight, diagnosing data sync challenges, working incidents through closure, providing training, or leading an implementation kickoff call with a District Administrator.
- You have prior experience in a customer-facing implementation role (e.g., Integration, Implementation, Success, and/or Support).
- You are comfortable and have experience providing training to small and large groups.
- You understand and have experience with APIs, SFTPs, and data mapping strategies.
- You can skillfully articulate technical problems and challenges with various groups of people in a clear and concise way.
- You are innately curious and thrive on helping others understand and solve problems.
- You understand the importance of empathy and how it relates to our customers.
- You are a problem solver. You enjoy learning new technology and finding solutions.
- You want to be a part of positive change in education!
- You might also have previous experience with Student Information Systems, Classlink, or Clever.
What you’ll do:
- Be the main point of contact and go-to resource for new customers implementing any of Remind’s CSV or API data ingestion (rostering) features.
- Lead, develop, and execute implementations with new customers, overseeing implementation from end-to-end.
- Identify, support, and document implementations, including customer’s goals, technical requirements, risks, data migration, recommendations, and solutions to deliver successful implementations.
- Effectively communicate with customers, from district admins to IT teams.
- Be a team player – consistently contributing and collaborating to improve rostering processes.
- Become a Remind subject matter expert, handling top-level technical customer escalations related to data ingestion and implementation.
- Troubleshoot incidents through closure.
On your first day, you should:
- Have familiarity with APIs and their authentication, SFTP transfers and tools, and CSV file formats.
- Be comfortable interacting with people at all levels of experience and authority – from brand-new teachers to IT resources, to parents and students.
- Be open to learning from and teaching alongside your colleagues.
- Be enthusiastic about creating simplicity for our users.
- Competitive salary and equity
- 100% health coverage for you and your dependents
- Additional benefits for wellness and productivity
- Open vacation policy
- 16 weeks fully paid parental leave
At Remind, compensation may vary depending on a number of factors, including a candidate’s qualifications, skills, competencies, experience, and location.
The base salary for this position is between $62,000-$77,000 annually + equity + benefits.
Please review our reasonable accommodations document to learn how we support our candidates with disabilities.
If you are a candidate from California, please review our Candidate Privacy Notice in accordance with the California Privacy Rights Act.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more