Implementation Engineer at Gravitational
Customer Success Customer Success
Teleport is the market leader in Identity-Native Infrastructure Access Management. Every company must protect its critical computing infrastructure from hackers and other bad actors. The problem is that most rely nf outdated access solutions that use passwords and other shared secrets which are #1 source of data breach. Teleport replaces these outdated access solutions with more secure identity, making the happy path for engineers the secure path. By replacing insecure shared secrets like passwords, keys and tokens with true identity based on biometrics and security modules, Teleport delivers phishing-proof zero trust for every engineer and service connected to a company’s global infrastructure.
Teleport is used by leading companies including Elastic, Snowflake, Doordash and NASDAQ and recently raised $110M at a $1.1B valuation in a funding round led by Bessemer Venture Partners with participation from Insight Partners, Kleiner Perkins and S28 Capital. We are headquartered in Oakland, California, but embrace a remote-first work culture for many roles.
We’re also proud of our numerous awards recognizing business and culture leadership including “Inc. 5000 America’s Fastest Growing Private Company”, “2022 Certified Great Place to Work” and Comparably’s 2022 “Best Company Culture; Best CEOs for Diversity; Best Perks & Benefits and Best Compensation” award.
As a member of the Teleport Customer Success team, an Implementation Engineer (IE) is responsible for providing technical assistance to customers who are implementing, operating, and maintaining our software solutions (self-hosted and cloud-hosted) during the crucial onboarding phase. This is a full-time US-based remote position reporting to our Head of Implementation Services located in Raleigh, NC.
An IE is a member of our Customer Success team, who is focused on providing technical support assistance for customers who have purchased our software product, Teleport. Teleport is a distributed networking and security system supporting SSH, Desktops, Kubernetes, Databases, and Applications. You will work directly with our customers during their onboarding to discuss architecture plans, relay deployment best practices, provide triage and debugging of technical issues, develop and maintain training programs, and assist the product team by capturing product feedback. As the IE you will be the primary lead to identify and resolve technical blockers via shared chat, ticket, and meetings. As our company grows, and we launch new offerings, the requirements of this position may shift. You should be comfortable with change and have an interest in continually learning and advancing your skillset.
What you’ll be doing:
- Independently diagnose and resolve problems in the Teleport product, as well as in the customer environment (e.g Dockers, Kubernetes, AWS, Azure, GCP)
- Maintaining a high level of customer satisfaction of account base throughout the onboarding process
- Designing the customer’s architecture and advocating for best practices during the cloud or kubernetes deployment
- Leading technical discussions during all Customer Onboarding sync calls as the primary technical POC
- Creating and maintaining cloud and kubernetes environments to demo new features
- Deploying, testing and validating new features and customer issues in kubernetes, cloud and linux environments
- Work closely with our Product and Development to document customer use cases and triage customer escalations
- Plan, build and maintain Teleport training for new users to ensure successful migration to the Teleport product
What you’ll bring:
- 3+ years experience in customer-facing software onboarding, software services, solution architecting, or system administration roles
- Linux administration skills
- Hands-on experience with one of the major public cloud providers; AWS, GCP, Azure. Certifications are a plus!
- A strong understanding of Kubernetes and prior hands-on experience. Certification with CKA or CKAD is a plus!
- Demonstrable experience with the following security principles and technologies: SSH, PKI, 2FA, SSO (SAML, OIDC), RBAC
- Exceptional hands-on software troubleshooting, testing, and debugging skills with a tenacity to identify and resolve the technical issue that may arise
- Outstanding soft skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills
We also offer equity compensation and a comprehensive list of benefits below:
401(k) Retirement Plan with matching employer contributions
Paid Time Off: 4 weeks
Sick Leave: 10 days
Paid leave: 12 weeks
Paid Holidays: 11 days
Medical, dental, vision, Long Term disability, and life insurance – PPO, HMO, FSA, EPO plans provided
Flexible expense benefit: $4.8k annual expense benefit for work related expenses
Teleport is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classifications protected by federal, state, or local law.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more