Humanities Project Coordinator at Great Minds
Humanities Project Coordinator
Remote United States, District of Columbia, Washington
Great Minds, a rapidly growing, mission driven Public Benefits Corporation (PBC) that develops high quality knowledge building curricula for grades PK-12, seeks a Project Coordinator to join our growing Humanities team.
Great Minds brings teachers and scholars together to craft exemplary instructional materials that inspire joy in teaching and learning. Our curricula, Wit & Wisdom®; Geodes; Eureka Math™; and PhD Science™ all support teachers as they take students beyond rote learning to provide a deeper, more complete understanding of the humanities, mathematics, and sciences. Founded in 2007, Great Minds now employs more than 1100 people.
For additional information please visit:
Our Market Position
Great Minds’ Eureka Math™ is the most widely used curriculum in the history of American education. It enjoys an unrivaled 40+ net promoter score. Eureka Math™ and its sister products, Wit & Wisdom® and PhD Science™, embrace much higher expectations for all students and all teachers. In a market dominated by scripted, procedural materials that drive expectations down, Great Minds produces curricula that celebrate knowledge, respect the craft of teaching, and acknowledge the true capabilities of students.
The Project Coordinator supports members of the program management team responsible for ensuring that Humanities projects are planned, scheduled, and executed on time and within budget. This role will work with multiple functional teams that are responsible for the production and delivery of Great Minds Humanities curricular materials (Wit & Wisdom®, Geodes, Great Minds History). This position is an exceptional opportunity for a highly organized and detail-oriented individual who possesses a commitment to Great Minds’ organizational vision and who is interested in growing their project management skills. While the work is remote and the ideal candidate will work well independently, this will also be a highly collaborative position, necessitating a strong sense of teamwork and cooperation.
- Director of Program Management
- Supports Director of Program Management and project managers in creation and execution of comprehensive project management plans
- Provides administrative assistance to project managers, producers, and leadership to keep all stages of a project moving forward
- Coordinates meetings, decision trackers, resources, and information to keep workflow on track
- Manages project-related documents by ensuring all are current, properly named, filed correctly, and available to relevant parties.
- Designs, creates, and updates project dashboards, which serve as a navigation tool to all project documents and high-level project status
- Directs project correspondence by preparing project notes, meeting agendas and minutes, emails, etc.
- Evaluates potential problems and technical issues and develops solutions
- Assists project management leaders in identifying cross-project issues and cross-team concerns related to project management
- Support identifying areas for improvement, suggesting paths for improvements, and help implement agreed upon improvements
- Implements established Great Minds processes and procedures in alignment with industry best practices for project management across multiple projects
- Completes additional tasks as requested
- 2+ years’ experience coordinating cross-departmental projects
- Experience with project management principles and, ideally, Smartsheet or similar project management software
- Experience working with data metrics to develop charts and graphs is preferred
- Experience working with curriculum content or educational publishing is preferred
- Sound organizational habits necessary for successful goal setting, project management, collaborative decision making, deadline execution, and record keeping
- Effective analytical and interpersonal communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, Word, PPT), Microsoft SharePoint, or other similar distributed storage and collaboration systems
- Willingness to work iteratively in a continuous improvement culture
- Demonstrates personal accountability, urgency, and persistence in completing high-quality work products
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude under tight timelines and with multiple competing priorities
- Promotes a supportive and collaborative environment across departments when working together on a project
- Ability to anticipate project roadblocks and develop creative solutions both within and across projects to meet goals
- Avid commitment to and concern for details required in accomplishing a task, no matter how small
- Ability to remain flexible in an ambiguous, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Proficiency at both working independently and collaborating as part of a team
- Capacity to embrace a learner mindset that is receptive to feedback with a focus on reflective practice
- Commitment to high standards and continuous improvement
- Passion for and commitment to the importance of high-quality, knowledge-rich curriculum
- Deep belief that every child is capable of greatness
- Bachelor’s degree
- Future travel (5%) may be required
New employees will be required to successfully complete a background check.
Great Minds is an equal opportunity employer. We will extend equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, religion, color, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, and gender identity), national origin, disability, age, genetic information, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. Our policy reflects and affirms the organization’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of all discriminatory practices.