Human Resources Director at Thermo Fisher Scientific
Title: HR Director
Location: Global, Remote
The Director, Human Resources for the Microbiology Division (MBD) reports to the Vice President of HR and partners business leaders and extended leadership teams. The selected candidate will be responsible for aligning the people strategy and solutions to the business strategy and goals, while delivering the full range of human resources services including organizational design and change; overall talent assessment and talent management; employee engagement; compensation and benefits; and employee communications. As the HR Partner, they will work effectively across a highly matrixed environment, engaging and aligning with global business leaders, HRBPs/HR field teams, and HR COEs, to identify gaps and opportunities, and together develop the go-forward organizational and talent strategy. The incumbent will need to lead with customer focus, while demonstrating leadership agility and pace y across our complex, matrixed and global footprint.
What will you do?
- Develops HR strategy, solutions and a strategic workforce plan that align to the business strategy and objectives. Facilitates organizational diagnosis and metrics to drive organizational effectiveness through talent and organizational capabilities and culture.
- Acts as a catalyst for change; guides and directs organizational design, development and change management solutions.
- Develops robust talent management plans and drives culture change initiatives to attract, retain, develop, and engage talent in critical roles
- Coaches leaders on complex leadership and HR issues including development, engagement, and talent performance and issues which could have the potential to create a competitive advantage for the business.
- Builds organizational capability through development and/or facilitation of appropriate leadership team (i.e., team effectiveness, goal development and alignment, manager capability, etc.)
- Keeps abreast of industry, market and functional trends, and uses these insights to develop appropriate solutions.
- Leads HR resources and priorities, commissions HR solutions via the HR Generalist or HR Specialists or third-party vendors, as appropriate, aligning to business and HR goals and leads successful implementation of initiatives. Where applicable, ensure implementation of compensation plans and programs that effectively support the business objectives.
- Collaborate with country HR leaders to drive/support benefit and policy harmonization within applicable countries. Work closely with Centers of Excellence (COEs) and other HR colleagues to effectively develop and implement HR services, processes, or employee engagement initiatives.
- Helps guide Center of Excellence (COE) owners in the shaping of appropriate and innovative HR solutions.
- Ensures activities throughout the region are core, common and consistent.
- Ensures fairness and organizational consistency with our 4-I Values in everything we do.
How will you get here?
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, human resources, psychology, related field required.
- Eight to ten years of progressive experience in many aspects of Human Resources.
- Experience as a strategic business partner with credibility as a trusted advisor and confidant to people leaders on business issues and business strategy with the ability to link human resources as a driver and influencer of business performance.
- Comprehensive HR experience, including a complete understanding of and hands on exposure to the full mix of HR functions in a global, fast-paced environment.
- Experience with Process Improvement approaches (Lean Manufacturing, Six Sigma, Practical Process Improvement, etc.)
- Strong project management skills with ability to balance short term delivery along with longer-term strategic milestones
- Strong consultative style with proven experience supporting senior executives.
- Strong communication, collaboration and influencing skills; ability to present to and facilitate audiences at all levels
- Ability to effectively drive successful cross-functional and cross business unit initiatives, setting direction, engaging multiple parties, executing outcomes, and communicating to key partners
- Self-motivated; bias for action
- Effective negotiating skills with proven ability to influence without direct authority
- Travel: approximately 15% in US and Europe
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!