HR Coordinator at Ophelia Health
Part Time HR Coordinator
People Operations / Part Time / Remote
Are you looking for a role in a company that’s solving one of the greatest challenges of our lifetime? Ophelia helps people end their opioid use and restore their quality of life with respect for their time and dignity. Our Mission is to make evidence-based treatments for opioid use disorder accessible to everyone… and we’re looking to bring more people onto our team to help us achieve it.
Opioid overdose is the #1 cause of death for Americans under 50, but 80% of 3 million Americans with opioid use disorder (OUD) are not getting treatment. Most have jobs, families, and privacy concerns, making it easier to get withdrawal medication from a drug dealer than go to rehab. Meanwhile, 2/3rds of rehabs do not offer medication at all, leading 90% of patients to relapse in the first 3 months. As a result of inadequate access to proven treatment, an American dies of an opioid overdose every 11 minutes.
We are a team of world-renowned doctors, scientists, startup veterans, and White House advisors, backed by leading technology and healthcare investors (Y Combinator, General Catalyst) to re-imagine and re-build addiction treatment in America.
Join us, save lives, and help fix healthcare for those who need it most.
Ophelia is seeking an organized, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and trustworthy individual to join our Human Resources team as an part-time HR Coordinator (10 hours / week). This role is perfect for someone who is looking to start their career in HR, has high attention to detail and accountability, and has a strong sense of discretion. This role has the potential to become full time for the right candidate.
- Manage Ophelia’s virtual mailbox: sort and file mail, deposit checks, distribute mail to the appropriate parties and handle follow ups as needed
- Sensitive Data Management: bi-weekly timecard verification and submission and 401k data submission. Maintain accurate and up-to-date employee records in our HR system, assist in the preparation and processing of HR-related documentation
- Coordinate Onboarding of New Hires: create and manage offer letters, initiate equipment procurement from our IT vendor, setup new hires into our HRIS, responsible for all new hire communications
- People Team Inbox Management: communicate effectively with employees to address HR-related queries and provide assistance, collaborate with team members to ensure a smooth flow of HR operations.
- Other miscellaneous projects as needed
Experience and Skills
- Experience with administrative work, including handling sensitive and confidential material
- Experience in Human Resources coordination preferred, not required
- Proficient in Google Docs / Microsoft OS
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational and time-management skills.
- Exceptional attention to detail and accuracy in work.
- Ability to handle sensitive information with discretion and confidentiality.
- High resilience and self awareness
- Strong problem-solving skills and a willingness to learn
- Team player with excellent interpersonal skills
$15 – $20 an hour