HELPLINE SPECIALIST (PART-TIME, REMOTE)
Our Helpline helps parents and caregivers impacted by teen and young adult substance misuse. We are seeking Master’s level clinicians with experience in addiction treatment and/or family treatment to work remotely in the evenings and on weekends.
This role will focus on staffing our Helpline service–responding to digital and telephone conversations with individuals contacting the Helpline. Helpline Specialists offer empathy, support and provide guidance and resources for next steps in getting help.
Our philosophy for support services relies heavily on the principles of Community Reinforcement and Family Training (CRAFT), Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT), and Motivational Interviewing (MI). These interventions are effective in helping parents and caregivers respond to their teen and young adult children in more productive ways and increase the likelihood for positive outcomes for the family. Training will be provided as well as ongoing mentoring and supervision.
- Answer digital communications and phone calls
- Support parents/caregivers contacting the Helpline by:
- employing CRAFT principles of listening, communication and support
- helping parents or caregivers understand their child’s problem and make a plan to address it
- reminding callers about their need for self-care and support
- directing callers to appropriate services/resources
- Address crisis situation with callers when necessary
- Provide post-communication follow up
- Document contacts with callers
- Refer to Center on Addiction programs when appropriate
- Master’s degree in counseling, social work, human services, or closely related field
- 5+ years’ experience in addiction and/or family treatment
- Strong interpersonal communication skills with the ability to convey empathy, understanding and guidance for parents and caregivers
- Cultural awareness, sensitivity and counseling competency
- Organized and detailed with strong writing and communication skills
- Bilingual (English/Spanish) strongly preferred
- Ability to work independently in suitable remote location
- Dependable and responsible
- Available for Monday-Friday evening shifts (5:00 PM EST-12:00 AM EST) and Saturdays/Sundays (12:00 PM-5:00 PM EST)