Health Coach (Remote)
PlateJoy is building the technology to power disease prevention and treatment through digital nutrition programs that are more efficacious than drugs. We believe in the power of healthy food to change lives.
We’ve been featured in The New York Times, The Today Show, Business Insider‘s 50 Coolest Companies in America, Fast Company‘s Innovation by Design Awards, Forbes 30 Under 30 and more. You can learn more about what we do here and here.
Our health coaches are essential to PlateJoy’s mission, as the face of the company. As a Remote Health Coach, you’ll work directly with participants in our diabetes prevention program, to help them achieve their goals through proven behavior-change strategies. We’ll provide training to help you become certified as a CDC Lifestyle Coach. If you’re a people- person with a passion for healthy eating, get in touch!
What you’ll do:
- Support program participants over email and text (as well as occasional phone calls)
- Field questions related to program curriculum (including nutrition, fitness and stress management) and provide more resources about the foundational science as needed
- Provide customer support related to program features
- Offer motivation and compassion with a friendly and respectful tone
- Track common participant requests/challenges, and collaborate with our content team to make recommendations for program improvements
Our dream candidate has:
- Minimum 2 years experience in a customer-facing or patient-facing role (experience as a coach, counselor or therapist is a plus)
- A deep sense of empathy and a passion for health, nutrition and fitness
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills (grammar matters)
- Experience tracking outcomes and taking initiative to implement incremental improvements
- A proven ability to thrive in a remote position with a large degree of independence