Head of Sustainability at Designit
Head of Sustainability
- United States
Want to be part of an amazing leadership team, hell-bent on crafting a better future? We’re always looking for creative people who care!
We are Analysts. Creators. Designers. Doers. Dreamers. Explorers. Geeks. Hipsters. Leaders. Learners. Renegades. Seekers. Strategists. Visionaries. And we fundamentally believe that we’re better together. We’re searching for a Head of Sustainability with the passion and experience to design for shared progress and save the planet – one project at a time.
Not long ago, sustainability was a differentiator, a competitive advantage. Today it is a core dimension of any business, observed by shareholders, demanded by customers and regulated by legislators, and we’re leading the way in developing digital and design services for sustainability.
Our new Head of Sustainability will play a key role in designing and delivering sustainable products, services, and systems that will help businesses and governments around the globe achieve their sustainability goals by embracing circularity, decarbonization, reducing emissions, re-envisioning recovery and recycling, and empowering positive change.
Would you like to…
- Set the direction of Designit’s core Sustainability Practice, and develop and deliver innovative solutions that target sustainable sourcing and circular supply chains, product life extension, decarbonization and waste reducing recovery and recycling methods
- Work with organizations to design and establish new business models and processes that support sustainability
- Scope, plan and lead sustainability engagements to develop trusting client relationships
- Build a team of creative thinkers, sustainability designers and doers who can tackle some of the most urgent climate-related business and consumer challenges we face today
- Leverage our company standing as a leader in the Verdantix Green Quadrant to help private and public sectors turn their sustainability challenges into carbon-cutting opportunities that create value for their customers and constituents
- Engage with industry analysts to provide briefings and insights
- Build global, cross-sector partnerships to develop and deliver leading-edge digital and design solutions that are in line with UN SDGs
- Help organizations create a vision of sustainable futures that help them align with industry and societal goals.
We would like you to have…
- Advanced degree in environmental science, economics, engineering, business or equivalent professional experience
- 7 years of experience managing cross-functional teams at a large organization, enterprise company, or creative firm/agency
- Deep academic and/or professional subject matter expertise in environmental sustainability, economics of circularity and decarbonization, net-zero business model strategies, sourcing and supply chains, products-as-a service and sharing platforms.
- Strong understanding of leading IMM (impact management and measurement) frameworks, such as: IMP, IRIS+, UN SDGs
- Experience creating, articulating, and delivering a sustainable and replicable value propositions around sustainable practices, products, services, and systems
- Demonstrated ability to build and utilize cross-sector partnerships to tackle complex issues and develop scalable, net-zero solutions
- Ability to inspire others to make sustainability goals a priority
- Desire to pro-actively communicate and share your thoughts on designing for sustainability both externally and internally, including our clients, partners, and teams
- Strong belief in the value sustainability and design can bring to products, services, people, and organizations and being able to articulate that value as a business priority to our clients
Would you like to join a global organization that…
- Embraces work-life balance – our employees’ well-being remains a top priority for us
- Promotes a culture of learning and advocacy across the globe – diversity will enable us to strengthen our impact
- Encourages innovation and experimentation
- Understands that changes will occur and adaptability is crucial to assist when it does
- Emphasizes and rewards collaboration
- Works remotely. We continue to safeguard the health of our employees, so our interviewing and on-boarding process will remain virtual until further notice
Want to know more?
Check out our website, studios, and careers around the world. Just so you know, we don’t have a dress code, but we do have a strict no-jerk policy.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!