Head of People & Culture
Join a fast-growing tech company with a remote and globally-distributed workforce of 70+ employees and contractors! LoveToKnowMedia is seeking an HR leader with a passion for making LoveToKnowMedia the employer of choice. The successful candidate will have 7+ years of Human Resource Management experience, especially with a start-up and remote background. This position is based remotely in the US.
About this role:
- HR generalist who will impact the attraction, engagement, and retention of top talent.
- Reports to the Chief Operating Officer and partners with the Spain Country Manager.
- Full-time and based remotely in the US; travel to Barcelona 3X per year!
Why you want this job:
- First traditional HR hire; build the foundation of professional HR from the ground up.
- Ability to shape, nurture and champion our global culture and company values.
- Work from home…but have your passport handy!
What you will do:
- Build best-in-class people programs in recruiting, onboarding/exit, performance management, learning & development, compensation, benefits, and recognition.
- Craft, apply, and continually improve HR procedures, policies, and guidelines.
- Foster a growth-oriented and motivating environment while keeping employees and management accountable to company policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- Build strong social connections, feedback mechanisms, and communication lines between employees, management, and offices.
- Handle all employee relations functions, including complaint investigation & resolution, risk mitigation, and response measures.
- Manage a small team of internal recruiters, implement recruiting best practices, and scale their processes.
- Serve as the first-line resource for all legal employment matters and compliance at the federal, state, and local levels. Consult with experts as necessary.
What you need to be successful:
- 7+ years of Human Resources / People Leadership with an accomplished track record.
- Experience in a fast-growing tech start-up and remote workforce.
- Knowledge of HR practices, multi-state employment laws, and regulations in the US, and willing to learn about international HR, particularly in Canada, India, and Spain.
- Ability to connect HR to measurable business outcomes such as hiring velocity, retention, and employee satisfaction.
- Smart, analytical, and creative problem solver.
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, and emotional intelligence.
- Social, well-liked, and high-energy.
- Passion for healthy and respectful discourse as well as inclusion and diversity.
- Unquestioned integrity, character, and professionalism.
- Resourceful, self-reliant, and agile.
- Work across several time zones (you’re an early riser)
- Bachelor’s degree in HR or related field; Master’s degree a plus.
Our family of lifestyle, educational & outdoor recreation brands provide best-in-class content every month to 30 million unique users and across 100 million page views. The 15-year old company embraces telecommuting, in which LoveToKnowMedia’s contributors across the world keep in touch, collaborate and work as a team to get the job done. CEO Howard Love has founded or co-founded over 15 companies, and has invested in over 50 early-stage start-ups including OpenTable (IPO), Trulia (IPO), and HotelTonight. Howard Love is a frequent speaker, and recently published his debut bestselling book The Start-Up J Curve.’