Head of Design at Zignal Labs
Head of Design
- SAN FRANCISCO, CA / REMOTE, US
- PRODUCT – DESIGN
- FULL TIME
About Zignal Labs
Zignal’s Narrative Intelligence Cloud analyzes billions of digital stories in real-time to help customers discover and manage the narratives that can help or harm them. Used by the world’s largest companies and public sector organizations, Zignal’s natural language processing and machine learning algorithms identify risks and opportunities as they emerge, and provide insight into how to shape the narratives that matter most. Headquartered in San Francisco, Zignal serves customers around the world, including Expedia, Synchrony, Prudential, The Public Goods Project, and Uber.
We’re looking for an experienced and talented Head for our Design team, who is passionate about solving complex problems and who will push boundaries, influence strategy, and have a strong impact on product execution and quality. You will help envision, define and design the future of our platform. Are you ready to help us craft meaningful experiences for our customers?
What You Will Be Doing:
- Drive the dedicated Design Roadmap that will support your Design strategy and vision for the company
- Mentor and develop a team of designers while keeping hands on. Balance leading and remaining hands-on with design work. This requires setting clear goals, handling project loads, ensuring deadlines are met and setting up team members for overall success
- Support and nurture your team’s talent and career aspirations. You’ll run performance reviews, objective setting, career mapping sessions and be active in developing your reports’ continuous learning.
- Help align the design and product teams through well-documented processes for ensuring a high bar of quality with an eye towards efficiency, scalability, and transparency
- Champion user-focused design culture by communicating user needs to the rest of the team, facilitating and directing regular design workshops, to solve customer problems together.
- Build empathy with our customers through research in order to deeply understand them and their needs. Continuously interact with customers, partners and internal stakeholders to identify improvement opportunities and promote them in the organization
- Help shape the Technology organization by being a member of the Tech Leadership team, drive process improvements and help sustain a culture of excellence in the organization
- Take ideas from concept to execution: conceptualize new products and features, design workflows, wireframes, interactions, and high fidelity mockups based on business goals and user research
- Create interactive prototypes and perform usability testing to validate your design decisions and help inform iterations
- Effectively communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale to stakeholders and design team members
What We Are Looking For:
- 3+ years experience managing other designers. You want to pursue this route whilst maintaining hands-on design work. You understand what it takes to inspire, empower and motivate your team.
- 7+ years experience designing products
- Proficiency using design and prototyping tools, such as Figma.
- An incredible designer. Proven ability to create simple, clean, modern user interfacesA great communicator. You have the communication skills to tell compelling stories, continually collaborate, and facilitate workshops.
- Great ability to build relationships and act as both diplomat and ambassador for the design team.
- Must have a solid understanding of user-centered design principles, careful attention to detail, and be able to see the big picture
- Must have a strong portfolio that includes examples of projects and user interface designs
- Bachelor’s Degree in Interaction Design, Human-Computer Interaction, or a related field
Nice to have:
- Experience planning user research
- Experience working in startup environments
Why join Zignal Labs?
- Competitive salary based on the work you do
- 100% employer-paid Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
- Flexible time off – work with your manager to take the time you need
- Up to 16 hours of paid time off to volunteer in your local community
- Learning environment where we value professional and personal development
Learn more about the #ZignalLife by visiting zign.al/about or by searching on Twitter and Instagram.
Zignal Labs is proud to be an Equal Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.
Applicants must be authorized to work in the United States for any employer. No sponsorship is available for this position.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!