Location: US-MD-Lanham//US-NY-Brooklyn//US-CO-Denver//US-CA-Los Angeles//US-Remote
We’re looking for a talented and motivated graphic designer to join our growing creative team. This position will work closely with designers, copywriters and multimedia experts on the creative team; brand marketing; marketing analytics; and various other teams within the organization to design high-quality marketing assets for our university partner programs.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a link to your digital portfolio with your resume and application.
Key Role and Responsibilities:
- Design a wide variety of visually impactful marketing assets for our higher education partners.
- Design stunning marketing assets for our partner programs, including brand identity manuals, websites, advertising, emails and digital advertising.
- Ensure visual differentiation by actively exploring new visual solutions for 2U partner programs.
- Create and maintain the visual identities for our partner programs and ensure consistent application of identities across channels.
- Design with a mobile-first approach.
- Manage multiple project deadlines across multiple programs.
- Work independently on projects with minimal oversight.
- Stay attuned to channel and program-specific best practices (such as accessibility and mobile-first design).
Collaborate with cross-team and creative stakeholders on conceptual and strategy-driven projects.
- Partner with front-end developers to create innovative solutions to help propel our web designs forward.
- Initiate new creative ideas and approaches that strengthen our communications and solve for specific marketing challenges.
- Work with marketing stakeholders to understand and communicate best practices across a range of data-driven marketing channels.
- Participate in lively and productive brainstorming sessions that stimulate creative thinking and inspire new ideas.
Strategically analyze creative briefs to create work that aligns with marketing stakeholder needs.
- Take direction from creative briefs, documented channel-specific best practices and previous performance data to produce and direct high-performing creative.
- Present work to stakeholders with powerful written or verbal rationales that speak to the creative decisions and marketing strategies.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required; master’s a plus
- Minimum 3 5 years of industry experience
- Advanced skills in Adobe Creative Suite
- Demonstrate creative problem-solving skills, conceptual thinking and foundational design skills with a strong portfolio
- Experience creating and maintaining brand guidelines across multiple channels
- Experience collaborating with copywriters, multimedia designers, animators and video editors
- A discerning eye for branding aesthetics and meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to find creative, unorthodox solutions when needed
- Must be able to prioritize and manage multiple projects and programs simultaneously
- Must be open to feedback and be able to take direction while also driving projects without a lot of oversight
- Calm, flexible and able to work under pressure or with tight deadlines
- Solid interpersonal communication skills and the ability to work on cross-functional teams
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Experience working as a designer within an agency (preferred)
- Experience working with sophisticated brands (preferred)
- Experience in higher education (preferred)
About 2U Inc. (NASDAQ: TWOU)
We believe there should be no back row in higher education. For more than a decade, 2U, Inc., a global leader in education technology, has been improving lives by powering the world’s best digital education. As a trusted partner and brand steward of great universities, we build, deliver, and support online graduate programs and certificates for working adults. Our industry-leading short courses, offered by GetSmarter , are designed to equip lifelong learners with in-demand career skills. To learn more about 2U and No Back Row, visit 2U.com.
2U Diversity and Inclusion Statement
At 2U, we are committed to creating and sustaining a culture that embodies diverse walks of life, ideas, genders, ages, races, cultures, sexual orientations, abilities and other unique qualities of our employees. We strive to offer a workplace where every employee feels empowered by the ways in which we are different, as well as the ways in which we are the same.
Why It’s Great to Work at 2U
2U offers a high-energy work environment that’s both challenging and fun. We work hard, but our offices are casual and social places. We wear jeans to work and fuel brainstorming sessions with snacks and seltzer.
2U offers a comprehensive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- Life insurance, disability and 401(k)
- Unlimited snacks and drinks
- Tuition reimbursement program
- Generous paid leave policies including unlimited PTO for your vacation, personal, or sick days
- Additional time off benefits include:
- time off to volunteer for non-profit organizations
- parental leave after 9 months of employment
- holidays that include a winter break from Christmas through New Year and more!
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by individuals assigned to this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
2U is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against applicants or employees and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, creed, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, pregnancy, national origin, age, marital status, disability, citizenship, military or veterans’ status, or any other classifications protected by applicable federal, state or local laws. 2U’s equal opportunity policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including but not limited to recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, job benefits, pay and dismissal.
2U will consider qualified job applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law, including Los Angeles’ Fair Chance Ordinance.