Grapher at Amplify Education
A pioneer in K12 education since 2000, Amplify is leading the way in next-generation curriculum and assessment. Our captivating core and supplemental programs in ELA, math, and science engage all students in rigorous learning and inspire them to think deeply, creatively, and for themselves. Our formative assessment products turn data into practical instructional support to help students at every skill level build a strong foundation in early reading and math. Our programs provide teachers with powerful tools that help them understand and respond to the needs of all their students. Today, Amplify serves five million students in all 50 states.
The Grapher will work as part of the Graphing Team, which itself is part of the larger Amplify Math Curriculum Team. While Curriculum Developers author initial versions of digital lessons, the Graphing Team is responsible for improving and finalizing these digital lessons. This work includes making graphs and digital manipulatives fully functional, as well as ideating new manipulatives in tandem with the Curriculum Developers.
Interested candidates must provide a link to a Desmos or GeoGebra project they have completed.
This position can work out of our Brooklyn office or remotely.
Full-time and Part-time opportunities are both available.
In general, Amplify Math lessons (and their digital lesson counterparts):
- are consistent with a student-centered, problem-based pedagogical philosophy
- foster a social, collaborative learning environment
- teach and demonstrate math in an engaging way
- help students identify as mathematicians
- demonstrate the utility, power, and beauty of math
- assist educators in orchestrating productive mathematical discussions
Responsibilities of the Grapher:
- Adapt print-based lessons into digital lessons
- Work with Curriculum Developers in ideating and then executing digital manipulatives
- Work with Design team in integrating images into digital lessons
- Tag lesson content with appropriate metadata, including activity titles and standards
- Participate in workshops with Curriculum and Design teams
Basic Qualifications of the Grapher:
- Experience with web-based mathematical authoring tools and graphing calculators, including Desmos Activity Builder or GeoGebra
- Bachelor’s degree in mathematics, mathematics education, or another quantitative field
- Comfort in the following mathematical domains:
- Advanced algebra
- Basic tutoring or teaching experience, including online or as a teaching assistant
- Proficiency using digital teamwork tools, including spreadsheets and Google Drive
- Willingness to travel to Amplify’s New York Office Headquarters for occasional workshops
Preferred (but not Required) Qualifications of the Grapher:
- Face-to-face classroom teaching experience, at any grade level
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!