Gameplay Programmer at DreamCraft
Salary Range: $60,000 – $100,000 USD / yr (paid monthly)
About Adopt Me
- Adopt Me! is the record-breaking #1 concurrent player count game on Roblox (WR: 1.6M+ players online at once), delivering a best-in-class social pet adoption experience to our community of over 24 Million monthly active players.
- Adopt Me features an in-depth housing and avatar editor, a strong trading economy, and a vibrant social community – plus lots of very cute pets to take care of.
About our games studio
- DreamCraft is the studio behind Adopt Me.
- At the time of writing our team includes 30 diverse and talented full-time team members working in-office or remotely across the world.
- We’re looking for candidates who are skilled, experienced and want to help make Adopt Me and future game projects even bigger and even better.
From a current Team Adopt Me, Gameplay Programmer
- Being a Gameplay Programmer here is incredibly rewarding.
- Every day I get to be creative and solve interesting code problems all while learning new skills and growing as a programmer and a person.
- The updates I work on get played by millions of players, seeing them enjoy my work is so satisfying.
- My colleagues are awesome and I really feel like I can be myself here, I’m not just working alone.
We want you to
- Be curious, want to improve yourself and others
- Care deeply about our mission of creating best-in-class game content that kids will remember long into adulthood
- Take ownership of projects and be willing to lead
- Empathize deeply with others and believe our games can be vessels for social good
- Plan and implement creative gameplay content according to our roadmap using Roblox Studio and Lua.
- Collaborate with artists, modelers, project coordinators, and other team members to complete your projects on time and make them feel great.
- Understand and extend existing frameworks and systems to support the features necessary for your creative updates.
“Should Have” Traits
- Passion for conceptualizing and implementing your own creative original ideas
- Strong grasp of Roblox API
- Solid familiarity with data structures (stacks, queues, graphs, hashmaps, etc) and algorithms (BFS, DFS, Quicksort, etc)
- Strong communication skills in English
“Nice to Have” Traits
- A top quality experience on Roblox that you have designed and programmed
- Experience working in self-managed roles and remote teams
- Secondary game development skills that may help you support your engineering work – UI/UX, game design, graphic design, audio design, modeling + texturing, etc
- Pay will be competitive and negotiable. Est. $60,000 – $100,000 USD / yr (paid monthly), based on your experience
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!