Game Designer at AppLovin
North America –
Lion Studios Game Design –
Lion Studios is a mobile games publisher that works with mobile developers to get their games discovered by players around the world. Headquartered in San Francisco, Lion Studios’ creative and strategy teams utilize their expertise to help game developers break through the noise and grow their businesses. Since launching in 2018, Lion Studios has driven 90% of its games to the Top 10 in the App Store and Google Play and helped drive 16 games to #1 in the US App Store’s Top Free chart. Many of the studio’s games hit the top 10 and the top 20 across both the App Store and Google Play. Collectively, the studio has driven hundreds of millions of downloads. Check out some of our hit releases: Mr. Bullet, Happy Glass, Save the Girl, and Slap Kings.
AppLovin is a Certified Great Place to Work, one of Inc.’s Best Workplaces and a recipient of the 2019 Glassdoor Top CEO employee’s choice award. The San Francisco Business Times and Silicon Valley Business Journal awarded AppLovin one of the Bay Area’s Best Places to Work in 2019, 2020 and 2021, and the Workplace Wellness Award in 2019 which recognizes businesses that are leaders in improving worker well-being.
We are looking for a self-starting, creative, driven and results focused Game Designer to join our team! If you’re looking to make an impact, and the opportunity to work with a fun, collaborative team – we’d love to talk to you!
- Help fine-tune game balancing, pacing and feeling
- Pitch and implement new game ideas and features to the teams
- Ability to deconstruct and analyze mobile game mechanics
- Get involved in all aspects of game development: UI/UX, game design, logic, performance, etc.
- Benchmark the market to stay on top of new trends
- Understand models and tools to analyze game play and user behavior
- 2+ years of professional experience as a game designer
- Ability to conceptualize, prototype, iterate and balance features
- Strong design mentality and intuition for game mechanics and game flow
- Avid gamer across multiple platforms/genres
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Self-organized and self-motivated
- Track record with successful mobile games
- Good knowledge of casual games
- Competitive Salary
- Work from home stipend each paycheck
- Fun company parties and events
- Autonomy to make decisions in a rapidly growing company
- Flexible Time Off – work hard and take time when you need it