Full-Stack Software Engineer (Apps & Shopify) at Barrel NY
Title: Full-Stack Software Engineer (Apps & Shopify)
Barrel is a digital agency that designs, builds, and optimizes e-commerce websites for brands. We work with exciting brands across fashion, beauty, CPG, and home goods. We are a highly collaborative and fully distributed team.
Barrel is seeking a full-stack Shopify Engineer with backend experience to join our remote-first team you can work from anywhere in the world during US time zones. You will be responsible for partnering with our internal teams and clients to redesign and launch new web and mobile products for our clients.
- Architect and/or implement frontend and backend technical solutions based on the requirements of the project
- Conduct technical requirements gathering, technical analysis and creation of tech specs (JIRA tickets)
- Ensure that correct technology processes are being employed and followed on projects
- Conduct research and assist on scoping and estimating new work
- Planning features utilizing sprints and juggle simultaneous feature development
- Consulting and helping clients simplify or optimize their existing business flows where technology is concerned
- Experience with Shopify and its APIs (required)
- These libraries are mostly required (VueJS, ReactJS, Tailwind)
- Git / Continuous Deployment Scripting
- Linux/Mac scripting and command line usage
- Proactive in raising issues / blockers as soon as they occur
- Communicates well with both technical and non-technical stakeholders
- 4+ years experience in Shopify front-end development; prior experience working in an agency setting is preferred
- Expertise with front-end development frameworks and libraries
- Expert knowledge developing cross platform/browser (iOS, Android, Chrome, Safari, Firefox) for web applications.
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for performance and accessibility (WCAG)
- Knowledge of SEO best practices.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong communication skills (both in person and in writing) while interacting with individuals with a range of technical understanding – responsiveness within 1 day
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.