Full Stack Engineer at Stanley Black & Decker
Full Stack Engineer
Full Stack Engineer – Atlanta, GA or Towson, MD or Remote
Make A Difference For Those Who Make The World™
It takes great people to achieve greatness. People with a sense of purpose and integrity. People with a relentless pursuit of excellence. People who care about making things better For Those Who Make The World™. Sound like you? Join our top-notch team of 53,000+ professionals in 60 countries who are making their mark on some of the world’s most beloved brands, including DEWALT, CRAFTSMAN, STANLEY, BLACK+DECKER, IRWIN, LENOX and more.
What You’ll Do
As a Full Stack Engineer, you’ll be part of our Global Tools and Supplies (GTS) team located in Atlanta, GA., Towson, MD. or remote. You’ll get to:
- Work cross functionally in an Agile/Scrum environment alongside Development and Product Management to deliver high quality solutions
- Design and develop software in modern enterprise-class Web languages and development platforms, including cloud-based and containerized platforms
- Design and develop REST Services with AWS Lambda and API Gateway
- Design and develop IoT device integrations
- Creation/maintenance of the CI/CD solution using Amazon Code Pipeline
- Work in a collaborative, agile development setting incorporating elements of Scrum and Kanban
- Work on a team with product owners, UI/UX, development and test team members
- Participate in design and code reviews of both own code as well as that of others
- Maintain software quality and reliability by creating testing artifacts, unit tests, and providing the communication needed to ensure modified artifacts are continuously releasable
- Bring to life and support production-grade, scalable, high-quality software applications
- Ability to potentially mix in other new and emerging technologies as appropriate
Who You Are
You always strive to do a good job…but wouldn’t it be great if you could do your job and do a world of good? You care about quality – at every level. You love to learn and grow and be acknowledged for your valuable contributions. You’re not intimidated by innovation. In fact, you embrace it. You also have: Insert description/requirements based on job….
- BS in Computer Science; MS in Computer Science provided additional weight but not required
- 3+ years of experience with AWS, including AWS Lambda, S3, Serverless / CloudFormation configuration, and API Gateway
- Experience creating secure REST Services
- Solid grasp of algorithms, memory management, object-oriented programming and concurrent programming
- Exhibit software design, coding, and testing best practices
- Experience with static code analysis tools
- Experience with unit testing frameworks
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills with strong analytical, problem solving and project management ability
- Organized and detail-oriented; able to effectively perform multiple/concurrent tasks within deadlines in a dynamic environment
- Experience working in an Agile software development environment in general
What You’ll Receive
You’ll receive a competitive salary and a great benefits plan:
- Medical, dental, life, vision, wellness program, disability, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, paid time off and tuition reimbursement.
- Discounts on Stanley Black & Decker tools and other partner programs.
How You’ll Feel
We want our company to be a place you’ll want to be – and stay. Being part of our team means you’ll get to:
- Grow: Be part of our global company with 20+ brands to grow and develop your skills along multiple career paths.
- Learn: Have access to a wealth of learning resources, including our Lean Academy, Coursera® and online university.
- Belong: Experience an awesome place to work, where we have mutual respect and a great appreciation for diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Give Back: Help us continue to make positive changes locally and globally through volunteerism, giving back and sustainable business practices.
What’s more, you’ll get that pride that comes from empowering makers, doers, protectors and everyday heroes all over the world. We’re more than the #1 tools and storage company and #2 security solutions provider, with a leading presence in engineered fastening. We’re visionaries. Industry 4.0 innovators. As successful as we’ve been in the past, we have so much further to go. That’s where you come in. Join us!
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin,
- Requisition Number 79962BR
- Business US – GTS Digital Solutions
- No. of Positions 1
All qualified applicants to Stanley Black & Decker are considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran’s status or any other protected characteristic.
- Function Engineering Services
- Featured Category on SBD Careers
- Engineering, Technology & Data
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!