Full Stack Engineer at Armstrong
Full Stack Engineer Job
- Location: Remote, Remote, US
- Job: E-Commerce
- Primary location: Remote , Remote
- Relocation offered: No
- Employment status: Full-Time
- Travel: 10%
- Location: Work from home position located anywhere inside the United States
AWI launched our eCommerce site which will transform the building products buying experience by connecting facility managers, business owners and consumers with our ceiling solutions.
- As our Full Stack Engineer, you will be responsible for helping us design and build a cutting-edge eCommerce product that continues to engage and inspire.
Why should you join Armstrong World Industries?
- Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is a leader in the design and manufacture of innovative commercial and residential ceiling, wall and suspension system solutions in the Americas.
- With approximately $1B in revenue, AWI has about 2,500 employees and a manufacturing network of twelve facilities.
- At home, at work, in healthcare facilities, classrooms, stores, or restaurants, we offer interior solutions that help to enhance comfort, save time, improve building efficiency and overall performance, and create beautiful spaces.
- For more than 150 years, we have built our business no trust and integrity. It set us apart then, and it sets us apart now, along with our ability to collaborate with and innovate for the people we’re here to serve – our customers, our shareholders, our communities and our employees.
- We are committed to developing new and sustainable ceiling solutions, with design and performance possibilities that make a positive difference in spaces where we live, work, learn, heal and play. It’s an exciting, rewarding business to be in, and we’re committed to continue to grow and prosper for the benefit of all of our stakeholders. We hope you join us.
What does it mean to work at Armstrong?
- It means being immersed in a supportive culture that recognizes you as a key player in Armstrong’s future.
- We are a large company with a local feel, where you will get to know and collaborate with leadership and your colleagues across the company.
By joining us, you’ll have the opportunity to make the most of your potential. Alongside a competitive remuneration package, you will receive:
- A benefits package including: medical, dental, prescription drug, life insurance, 401k match, long-term disability coverage, vacation and sick time, product discount programs and many more.
- Personal development to grow your career with us based on your strengths and interests.
- A casual work environment where we have a recognition program for our team, and service awards. You will also be able to make the most of our fitness center and lunchtime cafe.
- A working culture that balances individual achievement with teamwork and collaboration. We draw on each other’s strengths and allow for different work styles to build engagement and satisfaction to deliver results.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build responsive, mobile-friendly, and beautiful web applications
- Create REST-based web services and APIs for consumption by mobile and web platforms
- Implement new features in a highly collaborative environment with product managers, UI/UX experts, and fellow engineers
- Contribute to a future-ready, high quality, performance code base
- Share your technical solutions and product ideas with the team
What will make you successful:
- 2+ years with Vue.js, Angular or React
- Experience with object-oriented design and building backend applications with REST API services
- Experience designing and developing service-based architectures and micro services
- Experience designing data persistence and caching concepts using both SQL and NoSQL DBMS (e.g.: MySQL, MongoDB, Cassandra, Redis, etc…)
- Experience with test automation and BDD
- Familiarity with performance optimization techniques
- Enough DevOps experience to setup, configure, and maintain your own dev/build environment
- Exceptional knowledge of software engineering best practices (e.g. Agile software development, test-driven development, unit testing, code reviews, design documentation)
- Experience with Shopify development for e-commerce to include APIs, Liquid, custom apps, Shopify scripting and Flow
- Experience with TypeScript, Node.js, Webpack/Grunt/Parcel, Express.js and Stripe API
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or equivalent practical experience
- Knowledge of virtualization technologies (e.g.: Docker, Vagrant, etc…)
- Understanding of native and/or hybrid mobile development (iOS, Android, PhoneGap, ionic)
- Hardware hacking and prototyping experience (e.g.: Arduino)
- SAP experience to include integration
- Entrepreneurial / start-up background
Other Relevant Skills and Abilities:
- Demonstrated ability to energize, develop, and build rapport at all levels within an organization
- Strong collaboration skills and ability to work within a matrix organization structure
- Team oriented ability to motivate and work well with diverse, cross functional teams
- Ability to anticipate and plan ahead to manage potential barriers, obstacles, or progress “roadblocks”
- Demonstrable creativity with a keen focus on innovation.
- Strong presentation skills
- Ability to bring various points of view together to form a cohesive strategy
Armstrong World Industries (AWI) is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer and we value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
Accommodation statement: If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at AWI talent acquisition and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address.
Come and build your future with us and apply today!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!