Full Stack Engineer at Nacelle
Full Stack Engineer
Who we are:
Nacelle is a composable commerce platform provider that allows brands and retailers to easily syndicate commerce and content data to multiple heads, endpoints and channels by transforming, storing and reindexing data in real-time. With Nacelle, companies can future-proof their business by composing the commerce stack they want giving them the agility needed to build unique and dynamic shopping experiences, while optimizing business operations for growth. Nacelle is a venture-backed company with over $75 million raised from institutional investors including Tiger Global, Index Ventures and iNovia. For more information, go to nacelle.com
We seek a full stack software engineer who has experience with Node, TypeScript, and with Next.js or Nuxt. The ideal candidate is a fast learner, a hard worker, has a knack for creative problem-solving, and is a low-ego team player. You will join Nacelle’s core development team to develop and build new features. You will work directly with a team of talented engineers and product leaders.
In this role you will:
- Use existing knowledge of modern and emerging TypeScript + GraphQL toolchains to create elegant and efficient data-fetching experiences.
- Build and maintain microservices in Node.js while leveraging our modern and event-driven cloud architecture.
- Collaborate closely with Product and Design to build impactful new technology for our customers.
- Conduct code reviews to ensure standards of quality and observability are met.
- Write and maintain automated tests.
The impact you will have:
In your first 90 days, you will:
- Learn the ropes by collaborating with other engineers on the team.
- Deliver bug fixes with automated tests that further improve the quality of our product.
- Deliver fully tested code as part of a new product feature.
In your first 6 months, you will:
- Have confidence to operate with autonomy, implementing small features for our product.
In your first year, you will:
- Participate in feature design and implementation of a large product feature.
- Research and present architecture design records for new technologies or strategies.
We would love to hear from you if:
- You love embracing some ambiguity and testing new ideas
- You are naturally curious and take initiative to creatively solve problems
- You have a point of view but are low ego
- You have 4+ years of in-production backend developer experience
- You have 4+ years developing and deploying modern microservices
- You have 3+ years of experience with Vue or React in-production
- You have 2+ years of in-production TypeScript experience
We’d be really excited if you have:
- GraphQL API Experience
- Open-source project contributions
- Experience creating public packages for npm
- Knowledge of isomorphic design patterns
- Experience with Next.js, Nuxt, and / or Gatsby
- Experience in a fast-paced, VC-backed, remote Saas startup
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code solutions like Terraform, CloudFormation, Pulumi, or similar
- In-production Kafka experience
Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive compensation packages
- Stock options
- Robust benefits packages which include medical, dental, vision, HSA/FSA, as well as employer-paid life insurance, and short/long-term disability
- 401(k) with an employer match
- Unlimited Mental Health Teledoc appointments
- Paid parental leave
- Unlimited PTO in addition to paid holidays and sick days
- Monthly wifi stipend
- Home office setup budget
- An environment that values and promotes continuous learning, true ownership, and teamwork
Nacelle is committed to paying fairly and competitively which is why we partner with a salary and equity database company to ensure we are aligned with market rates. To benchmark salaries, it’s based on the individual’s level of experience and cost of living and we are able to use data from comparable venture-backed startups (over 3,000 across the US). Salary estimates for this role are:
Candidates who reside in a tier 1 location: $130,000 – $180,000
Candidates who reside in a tier 2 location: $130,000 – $170,000
Candidates who reside in a tier 3 location: $120,000 – $160,000
If you meet most of the criteria for this position, we would still love to hear from you! We believe in fostering talent, growing and providing training to our team as we believe great human beings come first and building skillsets can happen over time.
At Nacelle, we strive to promote a culture where all employees feel supported and comfortable to provide constructive feedback in ways that we can continue to grow and practice our values of “forever learning, ownership, honesty and integrity, and teamwork.”
Nacelle is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, genetic information, political views or activity, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.
Nacelle is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities who may require additional assistance in engaging in our application and interview process. Please feel free to reach out to Nacelle’s Talent Acquisition Team at TA@getnacelle.com if you need any assistance completing our application or need accommodations during your interview process.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more