Full Stack Engineer at Cisco
Full stack Engineer
- LOCATION: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
- ALTERNATE LOCATION Any where in the USA (EST or CST time zone preferred)
- AREA OF INTEREST Collaboration
- JOB TYPE Professional
- TECHNOLOGY INTEREST Collaboration, Video
Who We Are
The Collaboration Technology Group transforms the connections between people and the information they need to share which is essential to better the business. We improve collaboration with technology that empowers people to engage and innovate — anywhere, on any device.
Within the technology group we are focused on further transforming the technology by weaving in Adaptive Intelligence to be the information superhighway – connecting people, their work, and their physical world together through intelligence, personalization, relationships, and analytics to innovate, attract and retain talent, enable a global, mobile workforce, and engage customers in a more efficient way.
As part of the Voice team acquired by Cisco in 2019, you will work closely with other motivated and hardworking engineers to deliver Voicea’s industry-leading AI capabilities to millions of users world-wide.
Who You Are?
- You are a very hardworking coder with a deep flair for quality.
- You write clean reusable code that is easier to read, test and maintain.
- You have been the lead on some critical modules.
- You understand how your code helps drive the overall business.
- ‘Customers’ is your Top Priority.
- You may not have solution to everything off hand, but you know how to navigate the quickest path to get a solution to your problem.
- You get things done and never give up.
- You are biased towards execution and delivery – taking on what needs to be done and owning it through to the end and beyond. You lead by example with your resourcefulness and utmost ownership ethic.
- You are adept in converging and owning decisions/solutions quickly.
- You have an outstanding eye to minute details and help your team better their code quality with your outstanding reviews.
- You are confident and challenge status-quo regardless of hierarchy and a great problem solver.
- You are the lieutenant to your architect, and you have the drive to become the successor.
What You will be Doing
- As part of our growing team, you will work on leading cloud technologies and platforms spanning Cloud, Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning, Analytics, Integration, Connectivity, Messaging and more.
- You will operate in a robust environment with the latest in cloud development technologies and practices, including continuous delivery, continuous integration, development, and PaaS based development.
Being an integral part of our Engineering team, you will work with –
With Engineering Teams
- You will build customer care solutions that provide rich experiences, connectivity, and automation.
- You will write code, deliver high quality, high value software and focus on continuous value delivery.
- You will mentor other Engineers and review their code.
- You will ensure 360 evaluation of code including Static Analysis, Code Complexity, JUnit, automation using state-of-art development tools and technologies.
- You will work with Architect to ensure your design has conformance in all aspects and fits into the overall solution.
- Being a domain specialist, you will help the architect in solution design for your components considering all possibilities – serviceability, scalability etc.
With External Teams
- Wherever dependencies exist, you will work with external teams (Engineering) to complete your deliverables.
- You will promptly unblock the external teams that are dependent on your deliverables.
With Product Marketing
- You will work with Product Marketing to connect the business requirements to technical solutions and vice versa.
Customer Success Team
- You will work closely with Customer Solutions Assurance and Technical Assistance Teams to address customer issues with Top priority.
- You will continuously learn from field experiences and bridge the gaps in code and validation.
With People Leadership
- You will be an integral part of the hiring team and help in uplifting the team’s capabilities and skill diversity.
How will you Succeed?
- By producing a high-quality design and writing high quality wow inducing code.
- By crafting solutions to your modules that is robust, scalable, maintainable, and serviceable.
- Through continuous value delivery
- By mentoring teams and reviewing their code to ensure overall quality of software.
- By helping in hiring efforts and upskilling the teams that enables a good cross-learning culture.
Join our Force if you have –
- 15+ years of software engineering experience with recent work on Full Stack development
- Experienced at developing highly available and reliable cloud-based applications using Scala or Java.
- Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery
- Experience with instrumenting code for cloud deployments
- Experienced with persistent areas such as: Cassandra, Elasticsearch, and/or Redis
- Experienced developing services on AWS, OpenStack, Cloud Foundry, Heroku, or similar
- Experience with Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing a plus
- Understanding of security technology and challenges a plus
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!