Sked Social helps our customers schedule and manage their content on Instagram and other social media platforms.
We work with customers from small businesses through to global brands, and everything in between. We’re a startup with a team of ~25, profitable and scaling up our offering to customers.
We operate on a MEAN stack, and our team generally works across the full stack rather than just back or front end (although of course you might have more experience with one than another!).
We have a fully remote team distributed around the world. We work hard to keep our customers around the globe happy, and we’re proud of our success over the last 5+ years.
You’ll be collaborating particularly with our head of engineering based in US Eastern timezone (that’s the more important one!).
The core mission of our engineers is to build a product that our customers will love. You will work hard to create new features, refactor code, and build new services entirely in collaboration with your engineering colleagues and our product team. You will bring your past experience to help us iterate rapidly and build for the future.
We’ll know you are successful when you:
- Become the ‘engineering owner’ of both some existing feature areas and new ones
- Actively collaborate with your engineering colleagues and the product team
- Put yourself in the shoes of the customer and try to understand what they need
- Deploy bug-free code to production that is easily maintainable
- Improve code quality as you work
- Work on short release cycles to iteratively test and refine our platform
We use a fairly plain MEAN stack: NodeJS/Express, MongoDb, and AngularJS (1.x) (plus a bit of React, which is where we’re heading for the future). We also use Redis and ElasticSearch.
Our servers are all in AWS, and we make use of tech like Elastic Beanstalk to make DevOps easy.
It’d be great if you have experience working in an agile/kanban environment with Git for SCM (branching, merging, pull requests we use GitFlow as our workflow).
Experience designing and writing unit tests within frameworks such as Mocha and Karma is also helpful.
Of course, you should be comfortable working with a command line (Unix/Linux, SSH).
Your Experience & Skills
You’re a fit for this role if you:
- Have 3+ years of experience working with NodeJS and a MEAN stack (required)
- Have shipped product (that is, something people paid for!) in a B2B SaaS environment in the past (required)
- Have worked full time remotely in the past (preferred)
- Love working in a small team
- Understand when you need to build a quick and basic MVP (‘hack it’) and when to build a ‘kitchen sink’
- Are not afraid of debugging complicated issues or working on refactoring/updating older code
- Want to hit the ground running and get straight into the ‘thick of it’
- Can collaborate across timezones and have flexible availability to work with a global team
- Love deploying well-tested and effective code to production
- Like to work on a mix of new projects and improvements to existing features
Some understanding or experience in social media management and/or social networks (from a business users’ perspective or their API) is a plus, but definitely not required.