Frontend Engineer at Last Call Media
Frontend Engineer (Remote)
Remote | Contract
Last Call Media is looking for a frontend developer with experience building React web apps!
Last Call Media is looking for someone with a passion for building modern, state of the art, API-driven web applications in React.
The ideal candidate will have experience with the tools and libraries including React, Redux, Typescript, Next.js (or similar SSR solution), Material UI, Storybook and Jest. Last Call Media is looking for an advocate of best practices and someone who is willing to be opinionated about what they believe in when it comes to building successful programming projects. The ideal candidate will be able to discuss requirements, provide feedback and eventually develop the final product to specification.
Last Call Media is a fully distributed company, so you can work from anywhere, but we ask that you be able to commit to at least 5 hours of overlap with New York time (ET), Monday through Friday.
What you’ll do:
- Work with team members to develop and implement requirements with the goal of meeting client and end-user needs.
- Understand who the end user of a project is and how to build and/or suggest front-end interfaces to help them accomplish their tasks as simply and practically as possible.
- Participate in team and company retrospectives to help define and refine working agreements and processes to help us work more effectively together as a team.
- Work with backend and full stack developers to define the proper API needed for the project at hand.
What you’ll bring:
- A proven track record of leading the delivery of digital products and services that delight customers. Specifically we’re looking for completed projects using React and Next.js (or similar SSR solution).
- 3+ years of similar experience in a digital agency, consultancy, or equivalent setting where you were accountable to several client engagements.
- An obvious drive to grow and learn from the highly-skilled team around you
- Experience with large-scale open source web technologies (such as Drupal, WordPress, and React).
- Experience and/or a desire to work remotely.
- Ability to work efficiently, sometimes under tight deadlines
It’d be nice if you also had:
- Experience with Material UI both for prototyping and for building a fully styled product.
- Projects with a high percentage of test coverage using a tool like Jest.
- Understanding of tools like Storybook and how they’re used to create a component library.
- Experience using Docker locally and in production environments.
- Understanding of front-end performance, and experience optimizing performance, including API call optimization.
- Understanding of hosting options for Server Side Rendered React applications.
- General comfort with Linux environments.
- Familiarity with Atlassian tools, such as Jira and Confluence.
All of us at LCM pride ourselves on being:
- Able to empathize, which helps us understand the needs of the client, the customer, the product, and the team at LCM.
- Highly communicative
- Able to work independently
- Comfortable asking for help
- Experienced with communicating directly with clients
- Eager and motivated to learn new concepts
- A team player in a collaborative environment
- A fast learner
For this position we’re looking to hire a contractor on a freelance basis at an hourly rate of $20-$40 per hour.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!