Frontend Engineer at Wurl
Title: Frontend Engineer
Location: United States
About Wurl, LLC.
Wurl is a global streaming network. Our B2B services provide streamers, content companies, and advertisers with a powerful, integrated network to distribute and monetize streaming television reaching hundreds of million of connected televisions in over 50 countries. This year Wurl was acquired by AppLovin (Nasdaq: APP), an industry-leading mobile marketing ad tech company, bringing together the technology and innovation of the mobile and television industries. With the merger, Wurl employees enjoy the best of both worlds: the dynamic environment of a 160+ person start-up and the stability of a high-growth public tech company.
Wurl is a fully-remote company that has been recognized for a second year in a row as a Great Place to Work. Wurl invests in providing a culture that fosters passion, drives excellence, and encourages collaboration to drive innovation. We hire the world’s best to build a bunch of cool stuff on an interface fully integrated with their own from streaming, advertising and software technology to continue to help us disrupt the way the world watches television.
Frontend Engineer (US, Remote):
Wurl is seeking a frontend engineer with strong user interface design and development skills to help develop and enhance Wurl’s Accelerate Portal project. The Portal project is core to Wurl’s success, providing a common user interface for Wurl’s AdPool, ContentDiscovery, and Global FAST Pass products. As part of this team, you will help shape and drive Wurl’s growth though an improved customer engagement process.
What you will do:
- Shape and revolutionize the future of streaming TV
- Build innovative, market-leading technologies to help content companies and streamers succeed
- Participate in a 100% open environment where everyone is encouraged to share ideas, big and small
- Learn and grow in a rapidly accelerating industry
- Develop and maintain user interfaces for Wurl’s Accelerate Portal project
- Design, implement and test the websites following UI/UX design principles and best practices
- Ensure that the website meets functional and security standards
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer Science or a related field
- 3+ years of experience in frontend development
- Experience with React & Typescript
- Experience with GraphQL
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with version control systems such as Git
- Familiarity with agile software development methodologies
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills
- Proficiency in written and verbal communication.
- Location: US Remote
A Plus if you have:
- Experience with interface design principles
- Knowledge about the programmatic ad ecosystem, video ad insertion, SSAI, VAST, etc.
- Experience with data presentation/dashboarding systems/tools
- An interest in learning new things and sharing knowledge
We recognize that not all applicants will not always meet 100% of the qualifications. Wurl is fiercely passionate and contagiously enthusiastic about what we are building and seeking individuals who are equally passion-driven with diverse backgrounds and educations. While we are seeking those who know our industry, there is no perfect candidate and we want to encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all requirements.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Strong Medical, Dental and Vision Benefits, 90% paid by Wurl
- Remote First Policy
- Discretionary Time Off, with minimum at 4 weeks of time off
- 12 US Holidays
- 401(k) Matching
- Pre-Tax Savings Plans, HSA & FSA
- Carrot and Headspace Subscriptions for Family Planning & Mental Wellness
- OneMedical Subscription for 24/7 Convenient Medical Care
- Paid Maternity and Parental Leave for All Family Additions
- Discounted PetPlan
- Easy at Home Access to Covid Testing with EmpowerDX
- $1,000 Work From Home Stipend to Set Up Your Home Office
Few companies allow you to thrive like you will at Wurl. You will have the opportunity to collaborate with the industry’s brightest minds and most innovative thinkers. You will enjoy ongoing mentorship, team collaboration and you will have a place to grow your career. You will be proud to say you’re a part of the company revolutionizing TV.
Wurl provides a competitive total compensation package with a pay-for-performance rewards approach. Total compensation at Wurl is based on a number of factors, including market location and may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. Depending on the position offered, equity, sign-on payments, and other forms of compensation may be provided as part of a total compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical and other benefits.
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more