Front End Developer at NewCity
NewCity, a digital agency in Blacksburg, Virginia, is looking for a mid-to-senior-level front-end web developer who enjoys working with diverse teams to accomplish great things for our clients.
Location for this position can be either at our Blacksburg, VA office or fully remote.
NewCity is a full-service, remote-friendly digital agency based in Blacksburg, VA, specializing in responsive websites, apps, and campaigns for education, non-profit, and commercial clients. We’re constantly seeking new challenges, and inspiration from one market often crosses over to the others.
NewCity does not sponsor employment visas; only candidates legally eligible to work in the United States will be considered.
Equal Employment Opportunity has been, and will continue to be, a fundamental principle of NewCity. As an equal opportunity employer, employment is based upon personal capabilities, qualifications and performance. NewCity does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability or any other legally protected status.
- Front-end development for a range of digital projects, from large-scale university websites to mobile application interfaces.
- Plan, organize, and implement pattern libraries and templates for use in open-source and enterprise content management systems.
- Collaborate effectively with design, user experience, content, and project management teams throughout projects.
- Ensure that the sites you create are accessible for all end users.
- Estimate and adjust work to fit shifting project needs and goals.
- Remain up-to-date with technology and practices in front-end development.
- Five to seven years of experience as a front-end developer, with projects, code, and references available for review.
- Deep knowledge of how to effectively write and style semantic markup with CSS.
- Experience with collaborating with other developers and versioning your codebase using Git.
- Understanding how to work with the strengths and limitations of different browsers and devices, and how to build responsive interfaces that work across the device spectrum.
- Familiarity with web accessibility guidelines and strategies for compliance with accessibility regulations.
- Experience with design tools like Sketch and Photoshop.
Nice to Have:
- Previous experience with creating a pattern library for a large-scale organization
- Familiarity with developing for integration into content management systems, especially Drupal, WordPress, or two-step publishing systems like OUCampus or Cascade Server.
- Experience using continuous integration and deployment systems
- Experience with automating code builds, including using task-runners and preprocessors
- Comfortable with HTML templating languages such as Twig, Mustache, or JSX.
Please indicate number of years of experience in the area of front-end development as well as any salary requirements.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!