Forensic Investigator at Zoom Video Communications
- Remote (US)
- Full Time
Zoomies help the world connect — and deliver happiness while doing it. We set out to build the best video conferencing product for the enterprise, and today help people communicate better with products like Zoom Phone, Zoom Rooms, Zoom Video Webinars, Zoom Apps, and OnZoom.
We’re problem-solvers and self-starters, working at a fast pace to design solutions with our customers and users in mind. Here, you’ll work across teams to dig deep into impactful projects that are changing the way people communicate and enjoy opportunities to advance your career in a diverse, inclusive environment.
- Remote (US)
Zoom’s mission is to develop a people-centric cloud service that unifies your meeting experience and improves the quality and effectiveness of communications forever. The company is the world leader in video communications. Hundreds of thousands of businesses turn to Zoom for video and web collaboration.
Zoom is also an award-winning workplace. We have been recognized by Comparably as #1 CEO, Company Happiness, Benefits, Compensation, Diversity, and more! Not to mention we’ve been awarded by Glassdoor as the 2nd Best US workplace & Best Large Company US CEO in 2018, Wealthfront, and Business Insider. Our culture focuses on delivering happiness, our commitment to transparency, and the tangible benefits we provide our employees and our customers.
The Forensic Investigator will be a technical expert and subject matter lead for Zoom’s Insider Risk Mitigation Program. This person will report to our Principal Security Engineer Investigator and Head of Insider Risk and partner closely with our forensic and security investigators, intelligence analysts, and multiple cross-functional teams to identify, investigate, and mitigate internal risks to the company and its employees.
- Serve as forensic investigator and subject matter expert within the Insider Risk Mitigation Program.
- Work proactively on technical risk mitigation measures, leveraging existing tools and capabilities and identifying future requirements for proactive risk mitigation.
- Partner with cross-functional teams to conduct prompt, thorough, and fair investigations.
- Manage investigations end-to-end, including intake meetings, background research, forensic analysis, report writing, and debriefings.
- Work with cross-functional teams on the implementation of tailored indicators and warnings, including standards, responses, notifications, advisories, and updates.
- Work closely with security, privacy, people, compliance, and trust and safety teams to investigate and analyze potential incidents, determine legal and regulatory responsibilities, and advise on necessary and recommended responses.
- Regularly meet with internal teams (e.g., security, legal, people) to understand strategies, roadmaps, and initiatives, and advise on risk, events, and actions to be taken.
- Maintain an understanding of technical controls and assist in the creation of audit and monitoring frameworks tailored to insider risk mitigation.
- Help develop long-term solutions for systemic issues.
- Respond timely to inquiries from colleagues with sound, succinct, and actionable advice.
- 8+ years of direct experience in investigations and forensic analysis, preferably with a combination of private, government, and law enforcement.
- Extensive formal training or applicable experience in investigations, law enforcement, insider threat, penetration testing, or counterintelligence including documenting, collecting, and preserving evidence chain-of-custody and continuity.
- Experience working internationally or on a globally diverse team.
- Extensive experience with SIEM, DLP, UAM, UEBA, and other analytics and forensics tools.
- Experience in a dead box and live digital media forensics and associated technologies.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, including the ability to communicate effectively across cross-functional teams, diverse nationalities, and backgrounds and build collaboration, partnerships, and consensus among executive and senior-level stakeholders.
- Industry-recognized cyber certifications such as CISSP, CISM, GSEC, GCFA, GSLC, GCIH, GCED, and GCTI a plus.
- U.S. Security clearance eligible.
- Bilingual or multilingual proficiency. Mandarin Chinese preferred (verbal and written)..
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!