Flight Expert – USA & Canada (Remote)
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
We’re obsessed with helping people see the world for far less money than they ever thought possible.
Our business model is simple: our team of flight experts search for incredible deals on international flights 24/7. When we find a cheap flight that passes our stringent quality standards (factors include ticket price, itinerary, airline reputation and extra fees and more), we email members with details and booking instructions.
Our vision is to be the first place people turn when planning or booking an international trip.
Over 1,500,000 members around the world!
Since opening our platform to the public in 2015, more than 1,500,000 people around the world have joined and saved over $100 million on international flights!
We work remotely.
We’re a 100% remote company, with team members distributed around the globe in over a dozen countries.
Curious to learn more?
Check out Scott’s $1,000 round-the-world journey and read more from our community.
You can also listen to an in-depth podcast on Indie Hacker: Building a Million Dollar Mailing List with Scott of Scott’s Cheap Flights on how he grew the business.
As a Flight Expert you will…
You will be responsible for finding, verifying, and publishing USA and Canada flight deals to Scott’s Cheap Flights members. We’re looking for someone with a passion for finding cheap flights to join our team of flight experts in this full-time role.
NOTE: the application deadline for this position is Sunday, December 9 at 11:59pm EST.
*Please note that we will consider applicants from all locations, but we are looking for somebody to work during US-timezones.
What you’ll do:
- Monitor USA and Canada-based flight prices and search for cheap deals
- Publish deals to alert subscribers about the cheap flights
- Work effectively with other SCF team members to provide a great service to our members
- Offer creative input on the direction of the company
Qualifications & Requirements:
- Comfortable and experienced using flight searching tools like Google Flights, Momondo, SkyScanner, etc
- Good sense of normal flight prices from the US and Canada to other parts of the world
- Detail-oriented enough to avoid typos and similar errors
- Self-starter who’s able to accomplish goals without much oversight
- Native-level English fluency
- Experience searching for cheap flights for yourself, friends, family, etc
- Passion for travel and helping people
- Strong writing and communication skills
- Exceptionally fast and skilled with computers
- Fast internet speed
What we value:
- Be a team player
- Embrace change
- Advocate for members
- Communicate clearly
Perks & benefits:
- Competitive compensation and stake in the success of the company
- Unlimited PTO: We are a travel company, after all
- 401k with a company match
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage: Top-tier health insurance plans for you and your dependents (for US-based employees)
- Paid Family Leave – 3 months of paid leave for you and your new family
- Equipment: We’ll make sure you have the office equipment and technology you need to succeed
- Fitness: Get reimbursed for gym memberships, fitness activities, and exercise media
- Continuing education: We will reimburse books, seminars, webinars, classes, workshops, or conferences that are of high educational value to your career
- Volunteer time off: One full day or two half-days per calendar year to volunteer for an organization or cause that you feel strongly about
- Meet up perk: If you are meeting up with a fellow Scott’s Cheap Flights team member each person gets reimbursed for food, drinks, or do something awesome
- On your birthday: take the day off!