Financial and Accounting Analyst at The Standard
Financial & Accounting Analyst
- Remote, USA
At The Standard, you’ll join a team focused on putting our customers first.
Our continued success is driven by a high-performance culture. We’re looking for people who are collaborative, accountable, creative, agile and are driven by a passion for doing what’s right – across the company and in our local communities.
We offer a caring culture where you can make a real difference, every day.
Ready to reach your highest potential? Let’s work together.
- Develop, implement, maintain, and report from complex financial systems, processes, and models to produce complex and insightful financial and operational analysis, provide accounting controls, and support Division decision making and planning.
- Advise and recommend action based on interpretation of complex requests and data.
- Assignments can be specialized or general and are usually of a complex nature and significant scope.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare complex and insightful analysis of monthly, quarterly and annual operational, financial, and product performance results, forecasts, trends, and cost benefit analysis/projections, crossing critical business functions that may include sales, underwriting, service, and operations, as well as outside business partners. Support Regulatory and tax reporting. Interpret requirements in order to prepare, review, and analyze complex systems, accounting transactions and records, and reporting needs to support business functions. Compile, analyze, and interpret results in order to provide meaningful management reporting.
- Develop, review and analyze manual and automated procedures, systems and controls, and initiate/recommend action as needed. Take a lead role in the development and implementation of new systems, or enhancements to existing systems, to resolve problems or improve accounting, financial and data processes, and internal controls. Develop complex systems and reports to extract and combine data from a variety of sources; maintain databases; design and implement performance measurement models to assist senior management in monitoring and analyzing operating performance.
- Interpret, present and communicate complex ideas and results to inform and influence Division Management, project teams, and/or CFS. Effectively use written and verbal skills, as well as analytic tools, to ensure timely identification and understanding of critical performance factors and accurate financial/operational information.
- In coordination with Corporate CFS, develop, implement and maintain internal accounting controls for Division. Review and coordinate results with Corporate CFS, and participate in implementing system or process improvements as needed.
- Prepare ad hoc financial analysis demonstrating industry/division knowledge. Represent team/department/division in projects.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field.
- Experience: 4 – 6 years progressively responsible experience in the preparation, interpretation and analysis of financial results, or the equivalent combination of education and/or relevant experience. Firm knowledge of data structure and system design concepts as well as experience with query and analysis tools.
- Professional certification required: CPA, CFA, CMA, or MBA preferred (or actively pursuing).
Standard Insurance Company, The Standard Life Insurance Company of New York, Standard Retirement Services, Inc., StanCorp Equities, Inc. and StanCorp Investment Advisers, Inc., marketed as The Standard, are Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, or veteran status or any other condition protected by federal, state or local law. The Standard offers a drug and alcohol free work environment where possession, manufacture, transfer, offer, use of or being impaired by an illegal substance while on Standard property, or in other cases which the company believes might affect operations, safety or reputation of the company is prohibited. The Standard requires a criminal background investigation, drug test, employment, education and licensing verification as a condition of employment. All employees of The Standard must be bondable.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!