Financial Analyst at Imperfect Produce
Imperfect Foods was founded in 2015 with a mission to reduce food waste and build a better food system for everyone. We offer imperfect (yet delicious) produce, affordable pantry items, and quality meat and dairy. We deliver them conveniently to our customers’ doorsteps and pride ourselves on offering up to a 30% discount compared to grocery store prices. Our customers can get the healthy, seasonal produce they want alongside the grocery staples they rely on, without having to compromise their budget or values. We’re proving that doing the right thing for the planet doesn’t have to cost more, and that shopping for quality ingredients can support the people and resources that it takes to grow our favorite foods.
We’re headquartered in San Francisco with operations all over the country. Check our website to see if there is an Imperfect near you!
We’re looking for folks who are positive, motivated, and ready to change the world. If that sounds like you, drop us a line!
About the Role:
Imperfect Foods is seeking a Financial Analyst to join our growing Finance team. This fast-paced role provides an outstanding opportunity to influence data-driven business decisions. The Finance team has exposure to all facets of the business and plays a critical role in shaping the future and strategy of the company through forecasting and analysis of key business drivers.
As a key member of the Finance team, you will be the primary owner of reporting key performance trends and provide ad hoc analysis for the company. You will become an expert in our business model in order to provide accurate forecasts to drive assumptions and decision making. You should have a strong analytical background with strict attention to detail. You are a highly motivated, technically proficient person with a strong sense of ownership and business ethics. You understand that your contribution helps us get closer to our mission of eliminating food waste and build a better food system.
- Serve as a lead in generating weekly financials and operational metrics tracking
- Support month-end close, variance analysis, financial consolidations, and any ad-hoc analysis
- Support in planning, forecasting and any type of reporting out to senior leadership team and budget owners
- Partner with Accounting team to understand monthly financial trends
- Develop analysis and tools to assess existing and new initiatives
- Support in the development and maintenance of financial models for purposes of budgeting, forecasting and strategic planning to support team and aid in decision making
- Collaborate with the senior leadership team on key analysis and reporting including Board meeting materials
- Maintains relationships with all business partners throughout the company by providing support as necessary and effectively communicating updates
Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in accounting, finance, business administration, or a related field
- 2+ years of FP&A experience, corporate finance, or investment banking experience
- Experience working in data platform, Mode highly preferred
- Experience with Excel (at an intermediate or advanced level) required
- Not required, but have knowledge using Powerpoint; NetSuite (You will be using one or both on a regular basis)
- You have modeling skills, an Excel wizard with formulas, functions, and pivot table
- You showcase strong interpersonal skills, including written and oral communication skills
- You can easily adapt to the fast paced start-up environment
- A self-starter with a scrappy mindset who can creatively solve problems
- You’re comfortable with ambiguity and effective at juggling multiple priorities simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- You’re a highly motivated, enjoy working in teams and thrive working independently
- You’re passionate about our mission to eliminate food waste and create a better food system for all
Details of Position:
- Full-time, exempt position reporting to the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis who is based out in San Francisco, Bay Area
- The position will be remote
- Salary and employee stock options commensurate with experience
- Competitive benefits package includes healthcare, paid vacation, 401K, paid parental leave, and recurring credit towards your Imperfect account!
- Sedentary work; involves sitting most of the time
- Regular work with computers, including keyboards, mouses, and screens
- Standing desks and / or other ergonomic accommodation is available upon request
- Regular use of mobile devices, including smartphones and tablets
Individuals seeking employment at Imperfect Foods are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
U.S. E-Verify Notice: Imperfect Foods participates in E-Verify in the United States. Imperfect will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
How we are protecting employees from COVID-19
At Imperfect Foods, employee health and safety is our top priority. We have implemented processes and precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in our facilities. We provide gloves, masks, and hand sanitizer to all essential employees who must report to work. Before entering our warehouse, employees have their temperatures checked. In addition, we take great care to ensure frequently touched surfaces are sanitized throughout the day and all warehouses are fully sanitized weekly.
We have also implemented an Emergency Sick Leave policy providing full-time and part-time employees 2 additional weeks of paid time off and up to 26 weeks paid leave if they have a confirmed case of COVID-19.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!