Finance Operations at ConvertKit
ConvertKit is delightful email marketing software built for creators. We help creators own their audience and turn fans into customers. For makers, authors, chefs, musicians, athletes and anyone else making a living by creating the culture we all love, there isn’t a better tool for reaching inboxes. More importantly, there isn’t a team more committed to helping creators earn a living doing work that matters. We are proud to have built a product that our customers love, and we’re looking for a talented finance professional to join our Operations team.
This role is designed for you if you’re a finance expert with accounting expertise who brings robust financial modeling and analysis experience, built on good problem solving, and you excel in cross-team collaboration and communication. You are a leader who is hands-on by nature and has an exceptional level of timeliness and accuracy in your work. You have firm ethics that drive your actions. This position is for you if the next step in your career adventure looks like working on hard challenges with a stellar group of teammates, driven by purpose and mission, and having fun along the way!
Why ConvertKit is interesting:
- We are a small, principle driven team that’s 100% remote
- Every team member is committed to our mission, vision and values. Our mission is not your standard mailed-in variety; We exist solely to help creators earn a living from their craft, and we take that very seriously.
- We put a high emphasis on work/life balance, and we value and strive for 40-hour work weeks. There aren’t set hours, but there’s a lot to get done!
- Exceptional financial, analytical and organizational skills
- Able to prioritize multiple projects and still be detail-oriented
- Strong technical, planning and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated quantitative, system thinking and finance skills
- Exceptional writing skills, as well as outstanding communication and interpersonal skills
- Collaborative work style. Enthusiastically makes contributions and takes satisfaction in team accomplishments; adept at building relationships and trust with remote colleagues
- Comfortable working in a fast paced environment to anticipate and defuse potential issues
- Thrive completing projects on deadline
- Familiar with SaaS KPIs
- Understand accounting principles and systems
- Easily balance day-to-day operational requirements with larger long-term projects
- Build out financial models for our business as needed to help leadership strategically plan and assess opportunities
- Create monthly forecasts that incorporate current data and any relevant functional input including P&L, balance sheet and cash flow
- Work autonomously and self sufficiently
- Play a key role in budgeting and planning activities by supporting the team through budgeting, forecasting and performance reporting
- Manage our payment system to ensure vendors and contractors are paid timely
- Proactively provide business insights to support data-driven decision making
- Perform variance and trend analysis between actual, budget and forecast targets for our SaaS business
- Create ad-hoc decision analysis as needed, such as MRR, ROI and risks between options
- Work with an outside firm to manage all accounting activities across the company, including monthly and quarterly close process and reporting
- Establish scalable internal controls
- Assist in tax preparation and work with CPAs to ensure compliance and timely filings
- Proactively manage cash flow activities
- Other operational or accounting responsibilities as needed. We’re a small team and are committed to ConvertKit’s and each other’s success
- 2+ years of experience in finance or finance-related role within a startup
- Experience with SaaS business models OR similar functions within a SaaS/tech firm highly preferred
- Experience aggregating data sets across multiple platforms
- Exhibited competence with Excel. SQL skills a bonus!
- B.S. degree in Finance, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Computer Science or similar quantitative field or commensurate experience of 3 years
- Experience with accounting systems and managing those systems
- 3 weeks paid vacation, bumping up to 4 weeks vacation after 1 year of employment; 8 paid holidays and 2 weeks of paid sick leave a year
- $1,000 yearly “paid paid vacation” bonus
- The team gathers twice a year in-person for fantastic team retreats
- 12 weeks paid primary caregiver parental leave/6 weeks paid secondary caregiver parental leave, as well as flexible scheduling in the first year after the birth of a child
- $2,500 equipment allowance given every 2 years
- 4% 401k match
- Yearly conference credit to attend a professional conference of your choice
- Excellent health, vision, and dental benefits
- Equity options after 1 year of employment
Salary range for this role: $75,000 – $95,000
ConvertKit is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in all of its forms and we hire the best person for each role, no matter your personal background.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!