Faculty – Department of Transformative Social Change at Saybrook University
Title: Faculty – Department of Transformative Social Change
- Part Time
Saybrook University is seeking Adjunct Faculty Members to join its Department of Transformative Social Change.
Under the direction of the Transformative Social Change (TSC) Program Director, the Adjunct Faculty members will be responsible for teaching courses within the program.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Faculty will revise and update course syllabi as needed.
- Faculty will prepare online course shells for instruction in Canvas (Learning Management System).
- Faculty will make contact with students enrolled in their course within the first week of the new semester/term and before the residential or educational conference.
- Faculty will respond to emails or phone calls and acknowledge received assignments within two business days.
- For courses with weekly discussions, faculty will be in contact with students at least three times per week for online courses to provide substantive contributions and respond to student posts. This will include engagement across the duration of the weekly discussions.
- For individually mentored courses, faculty will schedule with each student regular online and off-line communication.
- For other course designs, faculty will demonstrate how they are engaging students in a consistent and meaningful way across the semester or term.
- Faculty will return student papers with feedback for course assignments submitted through Canvas within the following guidelines (applicable to course papers, candidacy essays, MA theses/projects, and dissertations):
- 1 week for work less than 5 pages in length,
- 2 weeks for work up to 25 pages in length,
- 3 weeks for work 26-50 pages in length (and for final thesis/project),
- 4 weeks for work over 50 pages in length (including the dissertation).
- Teaching of courses online.
- Serving, as needed, on student Ph.D dissertation and candidacy committees, and M.A. project or thesis committees.
- Expertise in the field of Transformative Social Change
- Graduate degree in related field, e.g., Ph.D.
- Prior teaching experience in peace studies, conflict resolution, social sciences, and/or advocacy or related fields.
- Prior online teaching experience preferred.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!