Faculty, Acute Care Nursing at Purdue University Global
Full-time Faculty, Acute Care Nursing
- Remote/Nationwide, USA
Purdue University Global offers term by term, non-tenured teaching appointments to qualified individuals who are dedicated to providing quality educational experiences to students in Associates, Bachelors, Masters and Doctor of Nursing Practice degree programs. This position offers an excellent opportunity for individuals to work in a professional learning community wherein faculty contribute to and engage in instructional best practice for adult learners in an innovative, non-traditional university setting. FT Faculty members teach a total of 14 courses typically for Bachelor program or 12 courses for Graduate programs each year, including meeting annual service and scholarship.
- Provide a student-centered learning environment which enables students to attain success.
- Maintaining program and course outcomes at a level to ensure appropriate workplace skill levels for graduates.
- Reporting concerns regarding student academic progress to Academic Advisors.
- Referring students with questions regarding financial aid, academics, attendance, and personal issues or concerns to the appropriate departments.
- Actively assisting the University in retention efforts which may include telephoning students who are not engaged in the course.
- Participating in institutional assessment as assigned.
- Regularly attending and participating in faculty meetings and continuous improvement sessions.
- Assisting Chairs and Deans in developing and implementing new programs as assigned.
- Remaining current with trends, techniques, and advances in technology that are applicable to the program.
- Maintaining open and timely communication with students and the University via Purdue University Global e-mail. Responses to student emails must occur within 24 hours (with weekends counting as one 24 hour period).
- Providing students with appropriate guidance regarding academic excellence and attendance.
- Completing other duties as assigned by the Academic Department Chair, or Deans.
- Maintaining and submitting accurate and timely reports for student grades.
- Doctoral degree (PhD, DNP, EdD) in Nursing from a regionally accredited institution.
- Active unencumbered RN and Advanced Practice Nurse license.
- National Board Certification as an Adult/Gero Acute Care Nurse Practitioner. Dual certified AGACNP/FNP is preferred.
- Recent clinical experience as an AGACNP in an Acute Care NP role .
- Two to four years related experience and/or training (online teaching experience is a plus).
- Experience with Brightspace education software is preferred.
- Exceptional computer skills using Microsoft Office applications and adobe connect meeting technology. Ability to work effectively in a remote environment with minimal supervision.
Location: Remote/Nationwide, USA
Employee Type: Employee
Job Functional Area: Faculty
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!