Facility Coder – Inpatient at Aviacode
Remote Facility Coder -Inpatient (Full Time)
- Job Locations: US-Virtual/Remote
- Job ID: 2020-2025
- # of Openings: 1
- Category: Medical Coding
- Minimum Hours: 40
Remote Inpatient Facility Coding Specialist – Full Time
We are currently recruiting for credentialed inpatient facility medical coding specialists with at least 3-5 years’ experience in addition to any formal training. New position available immediately – Employee Status, benefit eligible, full-time working 40 hours per week on Monday through Friday daytime hours. Whether you are wanting more work-life balance or just wanting to fall in love with your career again, connect with us today to learn more about our inspiring coding opportunities.
- This position will be responsible for medical coding for one of our larger facility clients.
- Coder will be responsible for reviewing charts, coding appropriate charges and ensuring high quality standards are achieved.
- Accurately coding ICD-10 PCS and maintaining 95% accuracy
- RHIA, RHIT, or CCS required
- Minimum 3-5 years inpatient coding experience in facility setting
- The Inpatient Coder is responsible for assigning diagnostic and procedural codes to patient charts using ICD-10-CM, ICD-10-PCS or any other designated coding classification system in accordance with coding rules and regulations. The coder will abstract required clinical information. This position requires a thorough knowledge of medical terminology, disease processes, pharmacology, Medicare’s Inpatient Prospective Payment System (IPPS), Official Coding Guidelines for ICD-10-CM and ICD-10-PCS codes, and documentation requirements for correct and accurate coding.
- Maintain standard industry productivity rates for Inpatient coding (3 charts/hour)
- Demonstrated ability to maintain high quality standards of 95% or greater
- Proficient in utilizing technology (computer, VPN, MS Office, coding software) to perform responsibilities
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must have ICD-10 coding experience and have completed an ICD-10 course
- Experience with trauma and highly complex cases, orthopedic, and cardiology preferred
- Must use own PC with Windows 10 Pro, dual monitors and have reliable high speed internet service
- US-Based Candidates only
Must pass candidate assessment test with a minimum score of 85%. This position is a full-time virtual/work from home position.
Aviacode provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identification, disability, or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Aviacode complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Aviacode expressly prohibits any form of workplace harassment based on protected classes. Improper interference with the ability of Aviacode’s employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!