Title: Facility Clinical Investigator RN
Location: Minneapolis Minnesota United States
Division:Optum Ops-Payment Integrity
Contest Number: 821717
Title: Facility Clinical Investigator RN – US Telecommute
Function: Claim Recovery/Resol/COB/Subro
Business Segment: Optum Operations
Region: North America
Country: United States
Other States: Texas Connecticut Arizona Florida
Other Cities: Dallas Hartford Phoenix Tampa
Job Level:Individual Contributor
Telecommuter Position: Yes
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 5 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
- Investigate, review, and provide clinical and / or coding expertise in the application of medical and reimbursement policies within the claim adjudication process through file review. This could include Medical Director / physician consultations, interpretation of state and federal mandates, applicable benefit language, medical and reimbursement policies and consideration of relevant clinical information
- Perform clinical coverage review of claims, which requires interpretation of state and federal mandates, applicable benefit language, medical and reimbursement policies, coding requirements and consideration of relevant clinical information on claims with aberrant billing patterns
- Perform clinical coding review to ensure accuracy of medical coding and utilizes clinical expertise and judgment to determine correct coding and billing
- Identify aberrant billing patterns and trends, evidence of fraud, waste or abuse, and recommend providers to be flagged for review
- Maintain and manages daily case review assignments, with a high emphasis on quality
- Provide clinical support and expertise to the other investigative and analytical areas
- Will be working in a high volume production environment that is matrix drive
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- Unrestricted RN (registered nurse)
- 1+ years of medical coding experience
- Competent in ICD – 10 and PCS
- Ability to work Monday through Friday, 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Central Time
- RHIT (registered health information technician), RHIA (registered health information administrator), CDIP (certified documentation improvement practitioner) OR current certified facility in – patient coder
- 1+ years of DRG coding or DRG auditing experience (facility only)
- Experience using Microsoft Excel with the ability to create / edit spreadsheets, use sort / filter function, and performdata entry
- Healthcare claims experience
- Managed care experience
- Investigation and / or auditing experience
- Knowledge of health insurance business, industry terminology, and regulatory guidelines
- Ability to use a Windows PC with the ability to utilize multiple applications at the same time
Physical Requirements and Work Environment:
- Frequent speaking, listening using a headset, sitting, use of hands / fingers across keyboard or mouse, handling other objects, long periods working at a computer
- Have a secluded office area in which to perform job duties during the work day
- Have high – speed internet access
Careers with Optum. Here’s the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world’s large accumulation of health – related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life’s best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.