Executive Coordinator at SustainUS
Job Description: 10 hours/week initially @ $17.76/hour, 20 hours/week starting January 2021
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
SustainUS is a youth-led organization advancing justice and sustainability by empowering young people to engage in advocacy at the domestic and international levels. We mobilize as US youth at key political moments to push political leaders, multinational institutions, and other global actors to stand on the side of justice. Learn more about our mission and vision here.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Executive Coordinator primarily raises money for the organization and focuses the organization on its goals. The EC coordinates meetings of the Coordinating Body, consisting of all Team Coordinators, and leads the strategy for the organization to achieve its mission and vision. The EC supports team leads and other leaders who are taking on part/full-time roles in the organization to function with continuity, cohesion and a sense of direction. The EC is a non-voting member of the Board of Directors and is expected to attend regular meetings and provide updates on the status of the organization.
Development (60% of time)
- Leads Development Team, primarily cultivating major donors and organization contributions, and supporting other staff responsible for grant writing and individual contributions. Coordinates annual reports, grant reports and other organization communications to donors
Organization Coordination (30% of time)
- Organizes regular Coordinating Body and other Leadership meetings
- Oversees the organization of in-person retreats
- Supports part/full time leaders to ensure they are successful in meeting their goals (as needed)
- Orients new Members and helps them find a team (if needed)
- Assists Members in proposing and forming new teams/programs (if needed)
- Supports teams in accomplishing their goals (if specifically requested)
- Identifies gaps in volunteer and staff roles and works with Leadership and Board to fill them
Organization Representative (10% of time)
- Serves as a representative of SustainUS to external bodies, such as the media and other organizations, and helps to coordinate other members, volunteers and staff to represent the organization
- Helps to raise the profile of the organization by identifying opportunities to promote it and responding to mail, email and other communications seeking SustainUS’s comment or representation
- The EC makes quick organizational decisions in emergencies
- Is a member of the Coordinating Body
- Is an ex-officio, non-voting member of the Board of Directors
EXPECTATIONS AND BENEFITS
- Responsive – Communicates efficiently, checks email and phone regularly M-F
- Excited – Desire to help leaders run programs and lead delegations
- Experience – exposure to financial management and especially fundraising, experience managing volunteers, prior experience with SustainUS a plus
- 20 hours per week of work on above priorities according to percent distribution (although percent distribution can vary across weeks)
- Time spent at conferences, meetings, and similar events can count toward the required 20 hours per week if they fit within the approved priority areas of work. Paid events and fees must first be pre-approved by the Coordinating Body or the Board in order to receive reimbursement. Travel will be <10% of time.
- Expected to prepare a brief summary report of accomplishments and ongoing tasks to facilitate the transition to a future Executive Coordinator
- Part-time employment of $17.76/hour. This will start as a 10 hour/week transition, training and co-lead with our current Executive Coordinator until January 2021, then a 20 hour/week solo position beginning January 2021
- Paid Time Off
- Flexible Location (keeping the Coordinating Body & Board informed of work location)
All benefits required by State and Federal law to be paid by SustainUS. Examples might include Worker’s Compensation, Unemployment Insurance, etc. No other benefits, (e.g. health insurance, retirement, etc.) are provided.
APPLY TODAY Email a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Executive Coordinator” as the subject. Applications are rolling until filled. SustainUS is dedicated to building an organization that centers voices from underrepresented groups. We do not discriminate on the basis of sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, race, ethnicity, religion, or economic background. Further, we strongly encourage individuals from traditionally underrepresented identities to apply, including identities not explicitly named above. If there are any considerations or qualifications not acknowledged in our application that you feel are important and relevant to this position, we encourage you to bring them to light in your application.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!