Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer at Dan Martell SaaS Academy
Executive Assistant to Chief Operating Officer (U.S.)
at SaaS Academy
Remote – US/Canada
Central, Eastern, or Atlantic time zone required
Salary: $70000 – $75000 USD
Unlimited PTO | Fully Remote | Generous Benefits
About SaaS Academy
The SaaS Academy Team is on a mission to help Software as a Service (SaaS) companies grow to new heights through world-class coaching and training.
Our CEO, Dan Martell, is an award-winning entrepreneur and investor who has founded multiple companies. He was named Canada’s top angel investor and he’s completed over 40+ investments with amazing companies like Udemy, Intercom, and Unbounce.
About the Role
We are looking for a smart, hungry, and highly organized person to join our team as the Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer (COO). In this role, you will be responsible for administrative tasks, creating and documenting Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), and managing various projects across all business operations. Additionally, excellent spoken and written English skills are a must, as you will be responsible for communicating with team members and stakeholders. It is essential that you possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability to make everyone you interact with feel seen, heard, and respected. If you are a project management and productivity nerd with a passion for excellent communication, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity.
Here are the three primary components of the Executive Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer role:
- World-Class Administrative Professional: We are seeking a highly organized and proactive individual that is highly experienced in inbox management, action item tracking, calendar management, and note-taking.
- Excellent Documentation and Communication Skills: Follow established procedures and identify when new processes need to be documented and have the ability to create standard operating procedures (SOPs) autonomously. In addition, this person will have strong communication skills, both verbal and written, as their role involves interacting with colleagues, clients, and stakeholders.
- Outstanding Operational Support: Provide exceptional project management support to the COO, collaborating with multiple departments (People, Revenue Operations, Program Design, Events, Finance) to ensure the successful execution of projects and initiatives. Strong organizational and multitasking skills, as well as the ability to prioritize and manage multiple tasks effectively, are essential for this role.
- World-Class Administrative Professional: The thought of a perfectly-organized calendar and email filing system excites you, and you’ve built this for busy executives before. You’re comfortable building a meeting agenda and holding people to it, and have run the types of meetings that make everyone around you feel more productive. Your written communication skills are top-notch, and you’ve built the type of trust with executives in the past where they’ve allowed you to communicate directly on their behalf.
- Excellent Documentation and Communication Skills: You’ve built SOPs/business playbooks before, and enjoy seeing the end result – a beautifully organized set of documents that helps people perform at a high level. Ideally, you’ve used modern software to do this (we use Notion), and feel at home teaching others how to use software like that if they’re less familiar than you are. When it comes to meeting notes, you’re highly capable of tracking dates, commitments, and action items, and summarizing them in a way that helps everyone stay on track. You’re a very candid communicator, and are comfortable with uncomfortable conversations. At SaaS Academy, we push each other to be 1% better every day, but we also know a high-feedback culture isn’t for everyone. In this role, it’s gotta be something that you embrace – not shy away from.
- Outstanding Operational Support: You’ve supported busy executives before, and have helped them manage a literal mountain of to-dos, meeting requests, and demands on their time. You’ve got an innate ability to see around the corner – reading the play, knowing what needs to be done before being asked to do it, and showing up three steps ahead whenever possible. You’ve been told by previous team members and executives that you bring solutions, not problems – and are excited to bring that talent to SaaS Academy.
Experience and Qualifications
- Applicants who live in the US or Canada: Central, Eastern, or Atlantic time zone required
- Experience working remote-first
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Candid Communicator
- Strong administrative foundation
- Experience with the following tech stack: Google Workspace, Slack, Notion, Voxer
- Interest and experience in personal knowledge management (PKM) tools/productivity strategies (GTD, OKRs, etc). Bonus if you’ve used tools such as Roam, Obsidian, Tana, etc to manage your own notes and tasks
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail, with the ability to efficiently document and manage processes and outcomes
- A keen interest in learning and understanding the operational aspects of SaaS Academy
Benefits and Hiring Process
- Salary: $70,000 – $75,000 USD
Generous Benefits: We offer Unlimited PTO, health benefits, development training, and a robust and nourishing culture & team that is world-class
- Please check out the How We Hire section on our website to see what the steps are for our hiring processtaking the time to apply means a lot to us! If you apply, you’ll hear from us, whether we feel you’re a good match for us, or not, as part of our process.