Title: Executive Assistant
Upwork ($UPWK) is the world’s largest freelancing website. Each year $1.7 billion of work happens through Upwork, allowing businesses to get more done and helping professionals break free of traditional time and place boundaries and work anytime, anywhere on projects they love. At Upwork, you’ll help build on this momentum. Together, we’ll create economic and social value on a global scale, providing a trusted online workplace for businesses to connect with extraordinary talent and work without limits.
We are in need of an experienced Virtual Assistant to provide support to our CEO. To be successful in this position, you should have an approachable yet confident personality coupled with good judgment, resourcefulness and discretion. High ethical and work standards are a must.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 3-5 years of experience in an administrative role supporting senior level executives, but is also eager to expand current their skill set.
- Full calendar management for CEO
- Coordinate and prepare internal and external meetings, including agenda, IT set up, etc.
- Prioritize conflicting needs
- Reconcile monthly expense reports
- Work across various teams and roles, partnering with the other admins
- Reports to and works in synchronization with EA to CFO
- Must work during PST business hours, and have the flexibility to shift time zones when your executive travels
- Excellent calendar management skills
- Must be highly organized, thrive under pressure, be proactive, flexible, reliable, punctual
- Must use discretion, tact, diplomacy and good judgement
- Must have great written and verbal communication skills
- Have a sense of passion and ownership for projects and tasks
- Able to anticipate and respond to the needs of the Execs before they arise
- Very proficient with google docs, sheets, slides and google calendar
Come change how the world works.
At Upwork you ll help shape the future of work. From our offices in San Francisco, Mountain View and Chicago, together we re creating exciting new opportunities for a world of professionals. You ll be part of a vibrant culture built on shared values: Inspire a boundless future of work, Put our community first, Have a bias towards action, and Build amazing teams. Along the way you ll have fun and enjoy the perks of a people-first company: Work from Home Wednesday’s, daily breakfast and lunch, regular in-office happy hours, top-notch benefits and more. Check out Upwork s spotlight on The Muse for a glimpse of our daily work/life balance.
Upwork is proudly committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse and inclusive workforce. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, we never discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.