- OPERATIONS PEOPLE
Protocol Labs is looking to hire a talented, driven, and experienced Executive Assistant to support our Head of People and 1-2 additional team leads. This is a high-impact and high-growth role. Responsibilities include coordinating across many areas of the company, assisting with high-value projects, and facilitating important external and internal relationships. As Protocol Labs grows, the challenges and impact of this role will grow.
As an EA at Protocol Labs, you will manage and prioritize extensive task lists, handle important communications, maintain dynamic schedules, arrange travel, and prepare basic financials (budgets and reports). You will liaise with internal and external key stakeholders, and represent the company and the CEO at meetings, events, and other conversations.
Organization and communication are key to this role. Candidates must have excellent communication skills, and experience working and managing communications with many different groups. Candidates must also be exceptionally organized, with extensive experience identifying, recording, prioritizing, and accomplishing a wide variety of tasks. Great candidates will have experience automating processes, measuring performance, and making systems more efficient over time.
We are looking for an individual who shares our values, who can get fired up about our mission, and who is excited to help us tackle larger and greater things. Ideal candidates are astute, creative, knowledgeable, thoughtful, empathetic, efficient, analytical, intellectually curious, rigorous, and friendly.
As a rapidly growing organization, you should expect your role to evolve during your time at Protocol Labs. We strive to support our team in their professional development. You will have the opportunity to grow your role, your skills, and your knowledge while being a part of a close-knit, dynamic group of individuals that strive for excellence on a daily basis.
As an Executive Assistant at Protocol Labs you might…
- Manage complex calendars
- Coordinate with other departments to arrange events, plan dinners, coordinate transportation, and schedule meetings with department leads
- Take notes during meetings and follow up with actionable lists for review
- Record, organize, prioritize, and facilitate execution of tasks
- Coordinate travel arrangements, submit expense reports
- Prioritize urgent communications and appointments
- Manage personal requests as necessary
- Prepare presentations and coordinate interviews or talks
- Research background on things, people, organizations, events, and more
- Understand the nature of business relationships, and be able to navigate amongst various asks.
You may be a fit for this role if you have…
- A minimum of 3 years of executive administration supporting someone in a Senior role, including experience predicting, prioritizing, and assisting an executive’s workload
- The ability to adapt to rapidly changing schedules and willingness to take requests and answer communication throughout various time zones
- A successful history of managing calendars, expenses, and logistics
- Strong knowledge of Google Apps (Gmail, Docs, Spreadsheets, Presentations)
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills and ability to interact autonomously with internal and external partners
- Sensitivity and understanding of confidential matters and ability protect those accordingly
- Excellent computer skills, and are a self-starter in picking up new and complex systems
- A demonstrated ability to grasp new concepts and software quickly
- An understanding of business priorities, and the ability to multitask in a dynamic environment
- Superior attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills
- Organization skills which allow you to prioritize and appropriately handle time-sensitive, confidential information and ensure action required is addressed in a timely manner
- Local to Palo Alto or SF Bay Area (not required)
- Experience in a technical, start-up environment
- Experience working remotely
- Experience using Slack and GitHub