Position Description: Executive Assistant to the President
Location: Remote; Priority will be given to applicants that live within a 100-mile radius of Haddam, CT.
Criterion Institute is the leading think tank focused on using finance as a tool for social change. We work with social change-makers to demystify finance and equip them with the knowledge and skills to engage with and shift financial systems. We also work with financial actors, supporting them with tools and resources to better incorporate data on social issues, with close attention to gender patterns, into the structures, processes and analysis of their investment strategies.
We are working towards a future where the power of our financial systems is widely used for social good. Our work is informed by our values of grace, hospitality and the power of invitation. Culturally, Criterion Institute is a collaborative, inquisitive and fast-paced place to work. Team members might spend one day connecting with leaders of capital markets in Asia, and the next day facilitating a meeting of community organizers in Milwaukee. We work across a breadth of sectors, industries and geographies all focused on finance as a tool for social change.
As has been the case for over fifteen years, the Criterion team works in a virtual office environment – from home offices or urban hubs. All Criterion staff members are provided with sufficient equipment to set up a home office and are expected to work collaboratively and independently.
We are seeking an ambitious and organized person to serve as Executive Assistant to the President. As Criterion Institute scales as a nonprofit, we are at a critical point for the organization – one that requires maturity, multitasking, focusing on a diverse set of activities, eagerness to learn, and the ability to think broadly and act strategically.
This position will play a significant role building and sustaining strategic relationships for the organization. The individual will support the President in her day to day activities, ensuring her calendar is managed effectively, and her time is leveraged for greatest impact.
This is a position with remarkable access to institutional leaders who are at the forefront of rethinking the economy. Criterion’s history gives us incredible access with a depth of relationships across the field. And this position, tied directly to Criterion’s president, is directly in the flow of those relationships.
Executive Assistant to President Responsibilities:
- Prepare and edit correspondence and drafts on behalf of the President to facilitate relationship development strategies
- Provide advance planning for domestic and international travel to ensure maximum impact for each trip
- Capture the outcomes and next steps from meetings and coordinate with the team to ensure follow up
- Develop and implement day to day systems that leverage the work of the President
- Work with President of Criterion to execute strategy around major gift donations from individuals to the organization; likely to include support for personal communications, tracking of opportunities, maintaining process around reaching out to prospects and securing commitments
- Track and manage regular contact with donors and partners to ensure projects that expand Criterion mission are in progress and show any changes in background accordingly. Meticulously manage each relationship’s details in Salesforce
- Work with team on drafting of grant proposals or specific financial asks connected to project undertaken; maintaining a focus on fundable opportunities and tracking of funding sources
- Support development and maintenance of publicity and other materials that support fundraising efforts
- Incredible attention to detail.
- Delight in building systems that make work efficient for all involved.
- Thoughtful and deliberate commitment to social change; comfort with and attraction towards innovative approaches.
- Ease in connecting with people and building relationships to move forward the work of the organization.
- Comfort with engaging with and understanding the complexity of Criterion’s donor network and making connections between donors, partners, and projects.
- Ease with technology and expert user knowledge of the Salesforce CRM platform, Google Docs and SharePoint, and Microsoft Office 365.
- Clear ambition and eagerness to perform at a high level – willing to take on challenges and navigate through ambiguity to get to insights.
How to Apply:
Send resume and cover letter expressing your interest in our mission to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Inquiries without a cover letter that demonstrates a knowledge of our mission and a clear statement of how our mission aligns with your goals will not be considered.