Executive Assistant at Gametime
Live experiences help make us human, bringing us across today’s social and digital divides to focus on what truly connects us – the here, the now, the once-in-a-lifetime moment that we share – together. To fulfill Gametime’s vision to unite the world through shared experiences, we deliver fans an extraordinary experience for enjoying, discovering, and purchasing last-minute tickets to live events.
With platforms on iOS, Android, mobile web, and desktop supporting events across the US and Canada, we are reimagining the event ticket experience in a mobile-first world.
Gametime is seeking an Executive Assistant to support our CEO and other members of our Executive Team (think Brady searching for his Gronk). Our ideal candidate will thrive in our innovative, fast-paced, and growing organization. You strive to help to cultivate connectivity across departments, driving efficiency and bringing productivity to the next level. Help the Gametime Executive team, focusing on the CEO, by being the number one problem solver at Gametime. Establish priorities with the CEO and their leadership team, driving teams towards execution. Manage emerging issues in a proactive manner by anticipating the CEO’s needs. Support internal and external communications between your executives, executive team, and important partners including taking notes and tracking action items in meetings. Being able to manage a company’s wide programs while understanding the big picture priorities. Assist Gametime in aligning cross-functional teams. Collaborate with peers, colleagues and across teams to support company-wide projects and goals.
What you’ll do/own:
- Act as time-advocate, and liaison for Executives
- Act as a team point person: handle team requests, problem-solve, and assist with keeping the team on-track and organized
- Maintain department’s communications, meeting notes, project plans, goals and group tasks.
- Draft and edit presentations with extraordinary attention to detail and other meeting deliverables.
- Manage complex calendars
- Plan events and work with executives to coordinate team off-sites, virtual events and team building activities.
- Over-communicate (within a remote environment) potential challenges or changes
Our ideal candidate has:
- 3+ years of prior Executive Assistant experience
- Aligned with Gametime’s core value of Above & Beyond (more than expected) with impeccable attention to detail and ability to follow through
- Aligned with Gametime’s core value of One Team One Dream team oriented philosophy and a commitment to supporting others (no challenge too big or too small because it’s all about the team and amazing collective results)
- Aligned with Gametime’s core value of Always be Curious (resourcefulness, learning)
- Project management and action item management experience
- Effective analytical skills and demonstrated ability to improve process and efficiency
- Effective organizational, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Highly motivated, organized individual able to deliver results with minimal supervision in a sometimes-ambiguous environment
- Sports /Music/Entertainment enthusiast
What we can offer:
- Flexible PTO
- Medical, dental, & vision insurance
- Life insurance and disability benefits
- 401K, HSA, pre-tax savings programs
- New equipment setup provided
- Wellness programs
- Tenure recognition
- At Gametime pay ranges are subject to change and assigned to a job based on specific market median of similar jobs according to 3rd party salary benchmark surveys. Individual pay within that range can vary for several reasons including skills/capabilities, experience, and available budget.
- $100,000 – $140,000
Gametime is committed to bringing together individuals from different backgrounds and perspectives. We strive to create an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive, feel a sense of belonging, and do great work together. As an equal opportunity employer, we prohibit any unlawful discrimination against a job applicant on the basis of their race, color, religion, veteran status, sex, parental status, gender identity or expression, transgender status, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetic information. We respect the laws enforced by the EEOC and are dedicated to going above and beyond in fostering diversity across our company.