Evening Reading Tutor at Littera Education
Title: Evening Virtual Reading Tutor
Location: US National – Remote
Littera Education is looking for passionate virtual reading tutors to support learners in grades K-8 starting in January 2023. Tutors can be located in any time zone but must have availability between 4 pm-8 pm EST.
Are you ready to be part of an amazing fully remote team helping students succeed?
Do you enjoy supporting students and developing their understanding in reading?
Are you interested in providing the high-quality tutoring support students need?
At Littera Education, our mission supports equitable, high-quality tutoring working with students in school districts across the United States. Our high-dosage tutoring model pairs students with the same tutor for 2-3 sessions a week. Tutoring takes place 1:1, or in small groups, during the school day or after school. Sessions are typically 30, 45, or 60 minutes. For this role, we are looking for tutors with availability between 4:00pm-8:00pm EST. However, as a Littera tutor, you will have the flexibility to choose when you are available to tutor and the grade levels that you would like to tutor. You could tutor for one or multiple schools.
Please note this is a contract remote position and is not full-time. This role is perfect for you if you are interested in earning supplemental income with a flexible schedule. We do not guarantee a set number of hours per week.
Once you are matched to students and assigned a schedule, we ask that you commit to that schedule in order to provide the student(s) with a consistent tutoring experience and to build a strong tutor:student relationship. We know there are times when you might need a sub – and we have a sub team ready to step in!
Please apply if you:
- Are motivated to be part of an elite team of remote tutors that directly impact student success!
- Have a passion for supporting and motivating students who are in need of a learning boost!
- Are able and excited to build relationships with students!
What will you do as a Littera tutor?
- You will tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting
- You will complete a self-paced training program
- You will build relationships with students and boost their self confidence, an essential part of learning!
- You will plan and deliver lessons from a provided curriculum to support students in improving their reading skills
- You will impact a student’s learning experience!
What are the requirements to apply?
- Experience working with students in some capacity
- Relatively consistent availability for a recurring, regular schedule that will support the Littera high-impact tutoring program
- Preferred high comfort level with online tools and technologies
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but college students are welcome to apply with relevant work experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to effectively instruct and engage students
- Desktop or Laptop using the Chrome browser with a reliable and stable internet connection. Built in or external camera for video. We recommend a hard-wired high-speed internet connection, a noise canceling headset with microphone, and a camera.
- You must reside in the continental United States, Alaska, or Hawaii
- Please note we use Google based email. If offered employment, you will be asked to provide, or set up, a gmail account.
- Work 100% remotely with consistent schedule
- Receive ongoing support from Littera’s Tutor Operations team
- Invited to become part of Littera Tutor virtual community
- Pay rate is $18 per hour with successful completion of a self-paced course designed to support you in delivering the provided curriculum.