Entertainment Writer at NYLON
Title: Entertainment Writer
- Location: US National
NYLON is seeking a remote, part-time Entertainment writer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have 1-3 years of experience writing in a fast-paced online environment, a strong sense for news and unique angles, and be confident conducting interviews with a range of subjects. An interest in pop culture is a must, as well as the ability to pitch and execute outside-the-box story ideas on a daily basis. Candidates must feel comfortable turning around reported features and op-eds on a tight deadline, as well as compiling SEO-optimized entertainment stories, identifying on-brand entertainment news, as well as breaking viral trends on platforms like TikTok and YouTube, and so much more.
The ideal candidate should be an experienced writer who is in-the-know about the biggest entertainment stories of the moment, and ready to get in on the conversation from the NYLON point of view.
In your cover letter, please tell us your favorite entertainment topics to cover, as well as your favorite sources for entertainment news.
This is a remote, part-time position.
- Sweep the internet for trending entertainment stories
- Pitch article ideas with unique angles and headlines
- Create and publish 3-4 stories per day
- 1-2 years of writing experience, preferably in the digital realm
- Ability to write clean copy with a quick turnaround time
- An established portfolio of published clips
- Eagerness to jump on breaking and trending stories and topics in the TV, film, music, celebrity and internet culture spheres
- Available to work remotely 3-4 days per week
Bustle Digital Group (BDG) is one of today’s leading, global media companies with a portfolio of distinct digital and experiential brands that are shaping culture. Over 82 million readers turn to our brands — Bustle, Elite Daily, Inverse, Mic, NYLON, W, Romper, Input, and The Zoe Report — to hear from a set of diverse voices around the issues and interests engaging the next generation. BDG is headquartered in New York City.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!