Enrollment Counselor at Coursera
Enrollment Counselor (contract)
- MOUNTAIN VIEW; TORONTO; REMOTE
- MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – MARKETING
Coursera is a leading online learning platform for higher education, where 53 million learners from around the world come to learn skills of the future. Nearly 200 of the world’s top universities and industry educators partner with Coursera to offer courses, Specializations, certificates, and degree programs. 2,300 companies trust the company’s enterprise platform Coursera for Business to transform their talent. Coursera for Government equips government employees and citizens with in-demand skills to build a competitive workforce. Coursera for Campus empowers any university to offer high-quality, job-relevant online education to students, alumni, faculty, and staff. Coursera is backed by leading investors that include Kleiner Perkins, New Enterprise Associates, Learn Capital, and SEEK Group.
The Marketing & Communications team is responsible for connecting the world to lifelong transformative learning. They also work to shape public conversations on the future of education and work. The team is segmented into four areas of focus: Consumer Marketing, Enterprise Marketing, Brand & Creative, and Communications. The team is currently focused on expanding the reach of Coursera’s brand, attracting students to degree programs, bringing new customers to Coursera for Business, and creating a marketing system that nurtures learners throughout their professional lives.
As an Enrollment Counselor, you will be part of the Degrees Enrollment team, enabling us to achieve successful recruitment cycles and achieve cohort goals for university degrees that are hosted on the Coursera platform. This position is primarily responsible for communicating with prospective degree students via phone, email, and chat to address the degree application process and general questions regarding degree programs offered on Coursera. We are looking for someone who can maintain a high level of professionalism and be excited about helping students reach their goals.
You will have a direct impact on the growth and success of degree programs hosted on the Coursera platform and will help shape the future of higher education. The right candidate will feel comfortable working in a lean, performance-driven environment while maintaining a strong sense of team and collaboration.
This is a full-time, remote, contract position.
- Provide excellent customer service to prospective students via phone in a high-volume call environment, chat, and email throughout the full recruitment process
- Follow up with prospects and applicants by phone and written correspondence
- Manage student enrollment pipeline activity and implement recruitment strategies for degrees to generate applications that lead to enrollments
- Use existing information and guidance from university partners to develop chat and calling scripts for individual degree programs
- Participate in experiments to develop a scaled communication strategy and demonstrate impact of nurture efforts through presentations
- Demonstrate a willingness and ability to learn about and adhere to relevant and identified compliance rules and guidelines
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to establish rapport and build relationships with potential students while providing guidance with the application process, addressing concerns, and assisting with enrollment decisions
- Self-directed, highly motivated individual with the ability to be flexible and adaptable to a fast-paced environment and shifting priorities
- Expertise in utilizing creative problem-solving skills to overcome any obstacles while guiding potential students through the university recruitment process prior to university admission decisions
- An enthusiastic team player who is comfortable working in a remote or alternative location with some schedule flexibility
- Passion for education a must
- Native or bilingual in Spanish preferred
If this opportunity interests you, you might like these courses on Coursera:
- Influencing People
- Marketing Analytics
Coursera is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and considers all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, marital status, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other legally protected class.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!