Engineering Manager at SwissBorg
Headquartered in Switzerland with additional offices in Toronto and London, SwissBorg aims to fundamentally change the way individuals manage their wealth. As a product obsessed team, we believe that advanced technology combined with an intuitive user experience will empower people to invest with more freedom, confidence, and belief.
In 2018, we successfully raised funds from over 23,800 global participants who share our vision of a wealth management industry with more community-centric values. We are now working towards the next phase of disruption. In Q4 of 2019, individuals across the globe will have the opportunity to purchase digital assets such as Bitcoin at the best prices and become members of our ecosystem to unlock first of its kind investment features.
- People management (1:1s, relationship, culture, …)
- Project management (backlog, roadmap, priorities, …)
- Talent management (staffing, allocation, hiring, on-boarding, …)
As an Engineering Manager on the Backend Engineering team:
- Grow a healthy, collaborative, continuously improving engineering culture
- You are responsible for attracting, mentoring, supporting and retaining a team of top-notch engineers who design, build and support SwissBorg infrastructure.
- Coach teams and individuals facing challenges related to how they work together
- You drive the implementation of the roadmap and balance new features with technical debt.
- You collaborate with external (sometimes non-technical) stakeholders and customers throughout the company.
- You plan and prioritize the team’s roadmap, and champion team projects internally.
What you might look like:
- You hold a BSc/MSc/PhD in Engineering, Computer Science or related subjects.
- You have a prior experience coordinating a team and delivering on a roadmap.
- You are comfortable translating sometimes ambiguous business problems into plans that our engineers can act on and feel passionate about.
- You care about facilitating learning and growth on the team – you put our engineers first.
- You embody SwissBorg’s dedication to fair culture, and our commitment to equal opportunity, diversity, and inclusiveness.
- You are thoughtful about all the ways an engineering manager can have an impact.
- You have a deep understanding of communication, group dynamics and coaching, and are able to help teams develop trust and safety.
- You are comfortable providing feedback and having sometimes difficult conversations.
- Proficient English (spoken and written), French is a plus.
- Bonus point for having a previous start-up experience or knowledge about the Blockchain ecosystem.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!