Engineering Manager – Feature Delivery
REMOTE – ANYWHERE
Who We Are
npm is the world’s largest software repository, with over 10 million users and over 40 billion software package downloads every month. Our systems are critical to software engineers all over the world and used in every industry. Our cross functional feature teams are responsible for the development and maintenance of various segments within our product portfolio. This includes the public registry, which serves packages to open source engineers and small teams, and npm enterprise, a single tenant registry as a service for medium to large organizations.
What You’ll Do
You are a strong technical leader with a passion for mentorship and product delivery. In leading this cross-functional team you will work in a creative environment tackling complex problems. Our work has far-reaching impact and you will play a critical role by driving the strategy and evolution of your team’s product portfolio and the growth of individuals in your team.
Here’s the impact you’ll make and what we’ll accomplish together:
- Support a modern software practice
- Ensuring adherence to good process, alignment with goals, and cohesion with team members
- Improving the frequency and quality of iterations over time through process, tooling, and analysis of our systems holistically
- Participate in development and evolution of standards, guidelines and recommendations
- Support a diverse team
- Made up of product management, design, engineering, and QA in delivering on key outcomes for our products
- Developing our talent with 1:1 coaching, professional development, goal setting and performance management
- Reinforcing our commitment to inclusion through improvements to hiring practices and stewardship of team culture
- Support the product strategy
- Building features and experiences that reduce effort for our customers and generate tangible value
- Identifying opportunities for optimization, and leveraging data to drive continued enhancements
If these are elements you are excited about and are interested in helping npm guide and lead a cross-functional team dedicated to the mission of improving our products, this is the ideal role for you.
What You’ll Need To Be Successful
- Experience leading a highly technical team in building SaaS products and services
- Strong understanding of complex enterprise technology with the ability to introduce improved experiences and simpler processes
- Customer-facing product experience, including: customer journey mapping, customer research and interviews, customer support
- Demonstrated experience improving your team’s ability to deliver features at regular intervals that positively impact target metrics
Our Code of Conduct
Why You Should Join
In joining the npm team, you’ll become an important part of a small but dedicated engineering team. We strive to provide a sensible working environment that doesn’t ask for or encourage habitual overtime and we offer flexibility in schedule. We have a progressive parental leave policy and vacation time is not just encouraged, but celebrated and enforced. We also understand that healthy schedules lead to better outcomes. To help ensure this balance we have contracted support night coverage so we don’t interrupt anyone’s sleep.
We believe that high-performing teams include people from different backgrounds and experiences who can challenge each other’s assumptions with fresh perspectives. To that end, we actively seek a diverse pool of applicants, including those from historically marginalized groups — women, people with disabilities, people of color, formerly incarcerated people, people who are lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and/or gender nonconforming, first and second generation immigrants, and people from low-income families.
Where We Can Hire
Our headquarters are in Oakland, California. We can best support you if you can overlap with US time zones. We currently have team members across the US time zones and in the UK, Canada, and Mexico. We cannot currently sponsor new work visas, but we can transfer existing H-1Bs.