Editorial Operations Manager at Hunker
Editorial Operations Manager – Hunker
- Remote (US Based)
Hunker believes good design should be a part of everyday life—and that you don’t have to be an expert to make it happen. We are looking for an Editorial Production Manager to help our teams stay organized.
A big vision calls for a big job. As we grow, our need for an Editorial Operations Manager grows with us.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You’ll Report To: Senior Content Director
A typical day as an Editorial Operations Manager might include:
- Being a keeper/guardian of our systems (Airtable and Asana): performing a monthly audit; communicating with editors to ensure consistency; implementing new guidelines; liaising with SEO director to ensure all fields meet SEO standards
- Editorial scheduling and tracking, from ideation to publication
- Setting calendar dates for series and tentpoles and manage production through Asana
- Liaising with design team to scope assets for upcoming series/projects
- Attending all editorial, product meetings to take notes and ensure follow-through
- Homepage programming/scheduling
- Acting as point person for branded product, receiving all communications and deliverables for branded campaigns, including social media and design
- Assisting Hunker House Manager around production needs at Hunker House
- Updating and auditing contributor guidelines and style guides
- Liaising with product team to make sure Editorial is fully embracing all new updates
You’ll be successful if you are beyond organized and love ensuring consistency among the smallest details.
What You Have:
- 2+ years of experience working in production management, with preference given to candidates with editorial or creative backgrounds
- Experience using project management software/platforms
- Highly organized
- Understanding/experience with digital media/publishing
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Not afraid to wear multiple hats – no job being too small or too large.
- We’re casual and informal but we work hard and work responsibly. Personal accountability goes a long way. We believe we are the change.
What We Have:
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People’s Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- Well+Good is the 2019 People’s Choice winner of the Webby’s Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk’s 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably’s 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company’s Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
- Competitive compensation and benefits packages (i.e., Medical, Dental, Vision, FSA, 401K)
- Discounted gym memberships
- Paid-to-play vacation rewards
- Discretionary unlimited vacation time
- Employee discounts for Saatchi Art, Society6, and Deny Designs
Leaf Group, Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants for all job openings are welcome and will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, physical or mental disability, or any other basis protected by state, federal, or local law. It is the intent of the Company to comply with all applicable federal, state, and local legislation concerning equal opportunity in employment.
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!