Editorial Content Strategist, Innovation at Dropbox
Editorial Content Strategist, Innovation – Location Flexible
- San Francisco, CA; Remote – US
Dropbox is now a Virtual First company, which means work outside of an office will be the primary experience for all employees. Being Virtual First also means the location of our employees is targeted but flexible. If “Location Flexible” is listed in the job title of a role, the role can be located in any of the states where Dropbox is authorized to do business.** Some roles (including those which do not have “Location Flexible” in the job title), however, may have to be co-located with their teams in certain locations. Please work with your recruiter and your hiring manager to understand any location constraints of a particular role and to communicate your location preferences. **Dropbox is authorized to do business in many, but not all, states. If you are not located in or able to work from a state where Dropbox is registered, you will not be eligible for employment. Please speak with your recruiter to learn more about where Dropbox is registered.
Dropbox is one place to keep life organized and keep work moving. With more than 600 million registered users across 180 countries, we’re on a mission to design a more enlightened way of working. Dropbox is headquartered in San Francisco, CA, and has offices around the world. For more information on our mission and products, visit dropbox.com.
Our Communications team brings the Dropbox story to life and shares it with the world. From product announcements to user stories to speaking engagements, our work takes many forms and reaches diverse, international audiences. We build compelling narratives to help people connect with our product, brand, and vision.
We’re looking for an accomplished editorial content strategist to help scale our thought leadership program and tech blog. This role will play a key part in developing, editing, and writing engaging narratives that articulate the Dropbox point of view on work with a special emphasis on technology and innovation. You’ll serve as a strategic partner in scaling the distribution of content and measuring its impact on brand perception. You’ll also collaborate closely with departments across the company, including Engineering, Marketing, Communications, and Brand Studio to tell the Dropbox story.
- Write and edit long-form stories for Work in Progress and Dropbox.Tech
- Conceptualize and execute content and adjacent programs that bring our brand’s story to life
- Cultivate the writing and reporting skills of our engineers and content strategists
- Enlist a diverse network of contributors
- Help devise and implement strategies for distributing content and measuring results
- 6-10+ years experience in tech media or editorial content strategy at a tech company with a stellar portfolio of engaging long-form narratives and a track record of:
- Translating complex technical processes for people of diverse levels of understanding
- Helping scale impactful storytelling programs and finding strategic ways to measure success
- Excellent communication skills and a collaborative spirit; you can help engineers find a clear way to describe how our desktop sync engine operates and also work cross-functionally to develop thought-provoking content that supports company priorities
- A deep understanding of technology and a curiosity for how it impacts the way we live, communicate, and work
Dropbox is an equal opportunity employer. We are a welcoming place for everyone, and we do our best to make sure all people feel supported and connected at work. A big part of that effort is our support for members and allies of internal groups like Asians at Dropbox, BlackDropboxers, Latinx, Pridebox (LGBTQ), Vets at Dropbox, Women at Dropbox, ATX Diversity (based in Austin, Texas) and the Dropbox Empowerment Network (based in Dublin, Ireland).
Benefits and Perks
- Generous company contribution toward individual medical, dental, & vision insurance coverage
- 401k + company match
- Market competitive total compensation package
- Free Dropbox space for your friends and family
- Wellness Reimbursement
- Generous vacation policy
- 10 company paid holidays
- Volunteer time off
- Company sponsored tech talks (technology and other relevant professional topics)
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!