Editor, Personal Finance at CNET
Title: Editor, Personal Finance | CNET Group
Location: Charlotte – New York – Remote
Our CNET team is looking for a versatile editor who can help readers navigate some of life’s most consequential financial decisions — from shopping for a mortgage to applying for a student loan to filing taxes. Are you the go-to resource for friends and family when they’re mulling a big financial decision? Do you make a spreadsheet to compare the pros and cons of different credit cards before signing up? Can you write about complicated financial subjects in a straightforward, engaging way? CNET is looking for a contributor to write critically about a wide variety of personal finance products and services — and you could be the perfect fit.
In this role, you will work with freelancers and staff writers to write, edit and publish personal finance news, explainers, and reviews, interview experts and explain what current finance trends mean to our readers. This role will also include updating previously published coverage and making sure CNET’s product reviews and best lists are accurate and up-to-date.
What You’ll Do:
- Writing/editing straightforward, approachable copy that demystifies complicated financial topics
- Editing 2-3 stories from staff writers or freelancers per day
- Working with SEO team to apply best practices to new content and existing content
- This role will help ensure the team of editors and writers hits monthly production targets, while maintaining CNET’s high quality standards
- Mentoring and coach developing editors and writers
- Providing compelling buying advice based on research and data-driven analysis
- Seeking out and interviewing experts in the field
- Developing, maintaining and optimizing best lists on a regular basis
What We’re Looking For:
- Top-notch writing skills and the ability to maintain the right tone and voice in our coverage
- Capacity to approach financial products and services with a curious, yet critical eye and an understanding of the business models underlying them
- Commitment to helping readers understand financial products and services — and identify which of them are the best for their particular needs
- At least 3 years of experience in the personal finance space; writing or editing consumer-driven content in the categories of banking, credit cards, mortgages and other money categories.
- Capacity for working independently and with minimal direction
- Demonstrated experience with optimizing content for SEO
- Top-notch project management skills; ability to prioritize and manage multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Ability to communicate with stakeholders within the wider company
- Cash Compensation Range: $70,000 – $85,000
- Note: actual salary is based on geographic location, qualifications, and experience.
Additionally, the following benefits are provided by Red Ventures, subject to eligibility requirements.
- Health Insurance Coverage (medical, dental, and vision)
- Life Insurance
- Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
- 401(k) with match
- Employee Assistance Program
- Paid Parental Bonding Benefit Program
- Mental Wellness Benefits
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
Who We Are:
Founded in 2000, Red Ventures is a portfolio of growing digital businesses that bring consumers and brands together through integrated e-commerce, strategic partnerships and many proprietary brands including Bankrate, AllConnect.com and Reviews.com. Headquartered south of Charlotte, NC, Red Ventures has over 3000 employees in offices across the US, as well as London and Sao Paulo. For more information, visit https://redventures.com and follow @RedVentures on social platforms.
We offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits program for full-time employees, including medical, dental and vision coverage, paid time off, life insurance, disability coverage, employee assistance program, 401(k) plan and a paid parental leave program.
Red Ventures is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy or any other basis protected by law. Employment at Red Ventures is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications.
We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities to qualified individuals with disabilities. This includes providing reasonable accommodation where appropriate. Should you require a reasonable accommodation to apply or participate in the job application or interview process, please contact email@example.com.
If you are based in California, we encourage you to read this important information for California residents linked here.
Browse Related Categories:
Want Access to 30,000+ More Remote and Flexible Jobs?
Part-time to full-time,
freelance to employee
More Career Fields
career coaching & more