Editor, NFL at FanSided
- Editorial FanSided
- US – Remote
FanSided is looking for its next professional fan!
We are looking for a creative-minded NFL expert who thrives in an exciting, fast-paced environment to join our FanSided editorial team as an NFL Site Editor.
As an NFL Editor, you’ll provide wall-to-wall sports coverage ensuring fans stay informed with timely news coverage and excellent analysis. Your primary goal will be to build the best fan community on the internet. You will do this by posting multiple news, viral/trending topics, and opinion blogs daily, interacting with fellow fans and managing social media platforms, monitoring web traffic, and working with multiple contributors and staff writers to ensure informative, entertaining, and timely content is delivered to readers.
What You’ll Do
- Inform and entertain fans while building a strong and engaged fan community on all site-associated social media platforms, with a particular emphasis on Twitter and Facebook.
- Write and oversee daily website content of around 25-35 articles per week, with a mix of one-page opinion pieces and well-crafted multi-page features. You’ll largely focus on covering a single team, but you may also cover others as needed.
- Build a strong sense of community and pride around your site with your audience and contributors through friendly communication. Tap into your fan base by understanding the way they follow their team(s) and how they react to the news, wins, losses, etc. on social media.
- Strive toward audience development on both the website and social media by growing users, sessions, page views, and followers. Be goal-oriented and strive for year-over-year improvements.
- Collaborate with your fellow editors and team leaders to develop effective content strategies, and optimize content for search engines (SEO), social influencers, and other referral sources.
- Be a great teammate – support your fellow editors, assume positive intent, and approach your work with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Work with site contributors and edit their content for publication.
Where you’ll be:
- We follow a remote-first approach to give you more options!
The expected salary range for this position is between $45,000 – $50,000 annually. Actual pay will be determined based on skills, experience, and location. The benefits available for this position include flexible vacation policy, 15 paid holidays, paid parental leave, health insurance, 401(k) retirement plan.
- You have 1-2 years of digital sports editorial writing experience with basic knowledge of SEO and a passionate love of sports. Your fandom isn’t seasonal, it is year-round.
- You’re a thorough leader. You don’t want to just pass along news, you want to push the conversation forward, tell fans what the news means, and share your educated opinions and analysis of the team.
- You’re one of them. You don’t create content that talks at fans, you create content that talks to them. You are jumpstarting the conversation and are comfortable being out front as a fandom leader who interacts with their fellow fans. You aren’t afraid to criticize the team but you do so fairly and accurately. You believe in the positive power of fandom and the positive experiences it brings to people’s lives and communities. You don’t feed the trolls.
- You’re agile. You have the ability to quickly brainstorm, produce, and edit clean and interesting analyses on a variety of trending/viral topics, multiple times a day in a timely manner.
- You’re social. You have experience on social media engaging with fan communities. You know how to attack one topic and make it relevant across multiple social platforms.
- You’re multiple. You have the ability to multitask and prioritize different objectives utilizing both a content schedule and flexibility to cover necessary breaking news stories outside its confines.
- You’re flexible. You know working in sports means sometimes needing to work nights and weekends, especially during the season and big events like the draft.
Not sure that you’re 100% qualified but are up for the challenge? We want you to apply!
Minute Media is committed to creating a diverse and inclusive work environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. Minute Media participates in E-Verify.
Check the URL and email address of any correspondence with Minute Media. If it is not from @minutemedia.com, treat it as fraudulent. To learn how to protect yourself from recruitment fraud click here.
About the team
FanSided, a brand of Minute Media, is one of the fastest growing networks of fandom-focused sports, entertainment and lifestyle sites on the internet. FanSided consists of a thriving collection of more than 300 communities dedicated to bringing together fans to share their common passions. For more information, check out https://fansided.com/