Editor and Content Lead at Thought Industries
Editor and Content Lead (remote role)
Thought Industries powers the business of learning with our industry-leading enterprise learning technology. We were founded in 2014 around the core belief that online learning experiences should be modern, intuitive, engaging, and scalable. Today, our growing team deploys the industry’s leading B:B learning solution with native tools and integrations to capture learner interest, deliver learning outcomes at scale, and bolster retention rates for our customers.
The person in this role is the chief writer, editor, and content producer for Thought Industries’ Thought Leadership team. Our charter is to drive conversation in our industry, attract partners who seek our expertise, ready client-facing teams to function as strategic advisors, and look over the horizon to discover future sources of product superiority. The Editor/Content Lead translates our research into documents and videos our customers and markets can use.
The Editor/Content Lead collaborates with internal and external experts to create, adapt, and source content that communicates Thought Industries’ perspective on the future of the digital learning industry. The ideal candidate is passionate about writing and learning, a curious listener, and a swift executor.
- Personally write, source, and/or edit content for distribution in multiple formats, such as: blog posts, case profiles, long form research studies, eBook chapters, demand generation webinars, best practice blueprints, and video shorts.
- Participate in research and analysis to answer business-altering questions for Thought Industries, its customers, and the digital training and education industry.
- Source content from original research, internal experts, client interviews, and by drawing from an existing library of webinars, articles, blog posts, and white papers.
- Calibrate the message, tone, and format of specific content pieces to maximize our ability to reach and capture the attention of a variety of audiences.
- Constantly raise the quality bar for Thought Industries content, ensuring that our voice is unmissable, thought-provoking, and most of all, useful, to analysts, instructional designers, educational program leaders, and executives.
- Manage an editorial calendar of content releases based on Thought Industries’ strategic priorities and coordinate with multiple internal teams and external experts to deliver on schedule.
- 2+ years experience writing high-scoring content for customers, subscribers, experts, aficionados, and/or other specialist audiences. Ideally, experienced at writing for business audiences.
- Superior writing skills. Your writing should be clear and concise, while conveying personality and a point of view.
- You are energized by driving projects forward, and able to maintain a healthy balance of velocity and thoughtfulness.
- You run to criticism. You are growth-oriented and embrace coaching and feedback as a means of building your skills and capabilities.
- Ability to empathize and get in the heads of diverse audiences, ensuring that our content is highly relevant and effectively marketed.
- Strong collaboration skills: ability to listen, inclination to build on ideas of others versus assert your perspective and to drive toward team accomplishments versus individual wins.
- Ease at forwarding multiple projects simultaneously and managing stakeholder expectations.
- Design skills or an interest in visual design.
- Natural intellectual curiosity.
- Flexible work hours
- Medical, dental, vision
- Short term disability, long term disability, life insurance, employee assistance program
- Wellness and meditation
- Employee rewards program
- And more!
Sign up for Daily Remote Job Alerts!