EDITOR – COMICBOOK.COM
- Ref#: 34595
- CBS Business Unit: CBS Interactive
- Job Type: Full-Time Staff
- Job Location: Remote
CBS Interactive is the premier online content network for information and online operations of CBS Corporation as well as some of the top native digital brands in the entertainment industry. Our brands dive deep into the things people care about across entertainment, technology, news, games, business and sports. With over 1 billion users visiting our properties every quarter, we are a global top 10 web property and one of the largest premium content networks online.
ComicBook.com, is an entertainment media company for a generation passionate about larger than life characters, celebrities and entertainment franchises. From movie and tv news to comics, anime, gaming, and franchises like The Walking Dead, Star Wars, Star Trek, Netflix and WWE, ComicBook.com speaks to a genre of fans that eat, sleep and play amidst today’s pop/geek culture. Our comprehensive team of experts and newsmakers talk directly with the entertainers and the creators of the industry, as well as the community at large, providing fans an authentic, one-of-a-kind view of the entertainment landscape.
ComicBook.com is looking for a new editorial team member who is passionate about geek culture. An ideal candidate is a self-starter who works well in a team environment and has strong communication skills. This team member is well versed in all things Marvel, DC, Anime and beyond. In this role, you play a key part in our news desk, with general coverage assignments – assigning, editing, and publishing content across multiple platforms. Editors are expected to balance writing (as needed), line editing, and assigning content to writers during their shifts.
- Edit and write trending and entertainment news in the geek-entertainment sphere.
- Assign content to writers based on data-driven decisions about what to prioritize.
- Publish content on social media with headlines and content tailored to the platform audience.
- Stay up to date on SEO, social media, journalism and creative best practices.
- Cover conventions, TV shows and movie premiers and other key events throughout the year to gather interviews and provide unique content.
- Work closely with editorial, video, and creative teams to maintain brand voice and uphold style guide standards.
- Expand the endemic audience and build engagement.
- Build relationships and develop sources in the entertainment space to provide premium information and break news.
- Provide original content to help grow audience and community.
- Work with managing editor to provide comprehensive coverage of live, national events.
What you bring to the team:
You have –
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism, or other related field
- At least 2 years professional editorial experience
- Excellent communication and written skills
- Good organizational skills
- Ability to collaborate well with other reporters
- Self-motivation as well as the ability to work within a team dynamic
- Proven judgement in journalistic decision making and content management
- Deep understanding of pop culture and ability to match that expertise to audience appetite
- Demonstrated ease in multi-tasking and tackling change
You might also have –
Our culture is rooted in a transparent, fast-paced, and competitive environment that fosters growth by embracing consistently increasing goals not only of the individual but the collective company as well. We are a professional workplace that will always embrace a start-up mentality.
A successful member of this team will be able to work with others collaboratively but also be self-motivated to drive the business forward. Complacent attitudes and those interested in meeting not exceeding goals will have a hard time adapting to a workplace that expects best efforts, uses course correction, and hands-on coaching. A mentality of clearing the bar is the heartbeat of operations and those who run through the finish line will ultimately grow in responsibility and rewards.